Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Read on another board that they may be rethinking the ban. Sounds like this blindsided a lot of local businesses. Fingers crossed.
I hope so. This is a classic case of… cutting your nose off to spite your face.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Another thing is this past year has seen an explosion in new people to the world of off-roading/ RV camping... a lot of new people out there uneducated in the proper etiquette. Should most know better? Yea but hey "common sense is not common". The influx of new people alone is a challenge and now say that a town or area that benefited from SXS business suddenly starts getting an influx of "Quieter" Jeeps or RV business... well they might make the mistake of thinking they can loose the longer term SXS business and replace with the new... However once everything opens back up it will be interesting to see if people go back to their previous habits or if this new Dynamic continues on.

We have all seen it , the trails are more crowed, RV parts are booked far out etc... is this a dynamic shift or a temporary one

·
Registered
482 Posts
The influx of new people alone is a challenge and now say that a town or area that benefited from SXS business suddenly starts getting an influx of "Quieter" Jeeps or RV business... well they might make the mistake of thinking they can loose the longer term SXS business and replace with the new
Excellent analysis. This is spot on with what is occurring in our AO. The huge influence of out of towers is annoying in general to locals and they start looking for low hanging fruit to hate. A rancher with his 28' stock trailer can rattle down the road making more noise and dust that 5 UTVS and he goes completely unnoticed. 1 UTV going down the same road brings on the fist shaking.

Conversation with my wife this morning in a none too happy tone....."well what should I get for the weekend and next week at the grocery store? Make it simple because everything decent is going to be gone because we are starting tourist season."

·
Registered
22 Posts
A local Silverton business owner has started a referendum petition. With enough valid signatures, the issue will have to be put to town vote. Old rules would be back in place until vote occurs. Only registered Silverton voters can sign petition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder what they'd say about a Montana registered qudracycle? You'd probably have to fight and appeal the ticket in the local kangaroo court, but since its a legal road vehicle in the eyes of Montana, they have to honor the reciprocity laws of the state.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wonder what they'd say about a Montana registered qudracycle? You'd probably have to fight and appeal the ticket in the local kangaroo court, but since its a legal road vehicle in the eyes of Montana, they have to honor the reciprocity laws of the state.
I was there last year with my Az registered Pioneer and they still called it a UTV, Az registers them with MC plates, I still had to get the CO off-road sticker. Probably not worth the time or money to fight that ticket, just my thoughts though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Peoples Republic of CO requires a sticker for all vehicles on designated OHV trails regardless of any other plate. 🤨

Colorado OHV Use Permit Requirements
“All OHVs and motor vehicles (including motorcycles) that display a valid Colorado or out-of -state license plate must also display a current Colorado OHV use permit sticker when operated on any designated OHV trails in Colorado.”
There is a chart of what can go where with what sticker and plate at the link below

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Peoples Republic of CO requires a sticker for all vehicles on designated OHV trails regardless of any other plate. 🤨

Colorado OHV Use Permit Requirements
“All OHVs and motor vehicles (including motorcycles) that display a valid Colorado or out-of -state license plate must also display a current Colorado OHV use permit sticker when operated on any designated OHV trails in Colorado.”
There is a chart of what can go where with what sticker and plate at the link below
That’s got to be the dumbest setup I’ve seen in a while. Out of state UTV’s can ride on roads that CO residents can’t? 😑

·
Registered
482 Posts
That’s got to be the dumbest setup I’ve seen in a while. Out of state UTV’s can ride on roads that CO residents can’t? 😑
But we're going to fast track wolf's so there's that. Probably a $10k fine if you hit one with a UTV with the wrong tag. This place has become the place I escaped from some 30 years ago. The stupid is breathtaking.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Supposedly off of the Silverton FB page. I don't do FB so this is kind of second hand. But the Ban is off for now.

From Town of Silverton FB page:

NOTIFICATION & CLARIFICATION ON OHV REFRENDUM PETITION
Citizens of the Town of Silverton,
On June 8, 2021, a Referendum for Ordinance 2021-05, prohibiting OHV’s in Silverton starting on June 20, 2021, was found sufficient by the Town of Silverton Clerk. This finding was within the thirty days of final publication of the ordinance and included the requisite five percent of registered electors of the municipality registered on the date of final publication. The Ordinance banning OHV’s in the Town of Silverton shall not take effect unless a majority of the registered electors voting on the measure at the election vote in favor of the measure.
OHV’s WILL BE ALLOWED IN SILVERTON THIS SUMMER ON THE OHV ROUTE UNDER THE REGULATIONS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT, UNLESS THERE IS A SUCCESFULL PROTEST TO THE REFERENDUM PETITION. IF THERE IS NO SUCCESSFUL PROTEST, THE VOTE TO CONSIDER PROBHIBITING OHV’s WILL BE HELD BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 21st and DECEMBER 17th, 2021, DEPENDENT ON THE TOWN BOARD DETERMINATION DURING THE CONSIDERATION PERIOD
OHV REFERENDUM ON ORDINANCE BANNING OHV’S IN SILVERTON
(Dates are adjusted for statutory calendar requirements and subject to change depending on protest, final sufficiency determination and Town Board actions)
Referendum on OHV 1-Ordinance 2021-05
Initial Referendum Filing - Monday, June 7, 2021
Protest Period Deadline (40 days) - Monday, July 19, 2021
Final Determination of Sufficiency - Tuesday, July 20, 2021
(Unless Protest is filed and is successful or delays sufficiency determination)
Period for Reconsideration by Town Board of Ordinance - Promptly
If Board does not Re-Affirm Ordinance, election is set between 60 and 150 days from Final Determination of Sufficiency of Original Petition -
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 - Thursday, October 14, 2021
If Board Affirms Ordinance, election is set between 60 and 150 days from Final Determination of Sufficiency of Referendum Petition - September 18, 2021 – December 17, 2021

21 - 30 of 30 Posts