Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

· Registered
2,376 Posts
I believe the price is going to be around $250 for the set of four. Still waiting for them to get a set out to me. Someone else is also selling the upper springs and I believe the price is the same. Can't remember off the top of my head who it is.
I just put in an order for these upper tender springs. 4 springs for $240. back-ordered till end of March. get back ride height and stiffer ride.

· Premium Member
157 Posts
I got St springs RIS and IQS about 1500 miles ago. I checked the ride height today and the springs haven't sagged at all. If you can afford IQS you should consider it. A friend and I both got it on our KRX and we would get it again in a heartbeat. It is as good as ST says it is.
With the IQS do they set it up for Soft/Medium/firm. I bet it is nice to be able to switch coming out of say a wooded trail to some higher speed straightaway

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I just put in an order for these upper tender springs. 4 springs for $240. back-ordered till end of March. get back ride height and stiffer ride.

That's the ones I was thinking about.
Found this video. Concerns me a little with the length of the new front springs and whether or not you can adjust the front down to where it should be. The way this guys KRX is sitting, it is going to destroy the CV's running them at that much of an angle. He also says there wasn't a very noticeable difference in ride quality. AllThings claims a 60% better ride??? Obviously in the video he has a ton of adjustment for the rear springs to take out preload and lower the rear, but only an inch or so to work with on the fronts. Not sure why they doubled the length of the front upper spring. (from OEM 5" to the new 10")
I look forward to your report on these new springs. Hopefully the guy in the video is just a knucklehead. Kind of comes across that way.

· Registered
95 Posts
I went with the ST springs and added their "Bling Bling" aluminum cross over adjuster.. after a coupler of hundred miles here is my take.. First of all, I can't complain on the customer service thought they great job and the product arrived as on time as described.. second, the suggested initial preload setting was not even close, the bling ring adjuster was not milled correct so once on and tight you could still spin it on the shock.. required me to take a file and open up the end gap to crush enough to lock down.. the set screws are small and a real PITA to adjust once on the shock and near impossible once on the vehicle.. the Oring really didn't stop any contact knock noise maybe just changed the tone some.. I regret adding the ST cross over rings and should I ever have the springs off again they will go away..
as for the springs.. After some cranking down on the settings more than I expected to even get close to the OEM ride height. On the the first ride out felt over sprung and reset my shocks to second to softest setting helped.. but over all the springs eliminating the bottom out and carried the weight and smoothed things out with considerable improvement over the stock..
To conclude.. couple of hundred miles later the springs have sagged more that expected.. but I think the ride has actually improved..
So as for the different spring options out there.. like Eibach PRO-UTV - Stage 3 Performance Spring System (Set of 8 Springs) By: Eibach and others that don't offer a advertised a to the pound custom spring rate.. I really have my doubts that the Spring rates on ST's are really that fine tuned IMHO... the other spring choices may even be made of a better material that don't sag out as much.. Who knows?
I agree on the "fine tuned" statement. My buddy and I both had 900s but setup up different.y weight wise. The springs were identical so not so sure how "fine tuned" they do their calcs.

· Registered
95 Posts
I have never seen a spring that wasn't marked with it's spring rate on it. Even OEM springs are marked. I'm not saying that yours are marked, just saying I've never seen one that wasn't.
Not always easy to find, but here are three of the different OEM KRX spring markings.

Rear lower
View attachment 1375
Rear upper
View attachment 1376
Front upper
View attachment 1377

Springs on my Elka shocks for my General

View attachment 1378
ST told me directly that they do not share the actual "spring rate" or poundage. They say its propriety information. In reality, they don't want people going and buying less expensive springs elsewhere by knowing the spring rates.

· Registered
95 Posts
AllThingsUTV has Tender springs for the KRX1000. It appears that the tender springs are the ones that "Sag" and thus causing problems. I have these order and should be here next week. Hope to get installed in a 1 or 2 after being delivered. They have a money back guarantee so short of time to remove, if needed, this seems a good thing to test.

· Registered
95 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts
What's everyone's thoughts now after a full season?

I'm thinking springs will get done this winter. I'll go full replacement as just new tenders has failed me on other machines, it just seems to make the other stock spring the weak link that starts to fail. I've rode and driven the Bandit stage 3 and there not for me, to tall and stiff at the lowest possible preload. So right now I'm between Bandit stage 2, Shock Therapy or Eibach. I'm leaning Eibach do to good past experience and easy to get parts locally at summit racing, but their the most expensive at $825. They also go to a 3" ID spring and include new sliders and retainers.

· Registered
910 Posts
For what it is worth, I researched ST, Bandit, and Eibach replacement springs before buying last summer. ST, by many magnitudes, had a ton of feedback, reviews, videos from owners. Mostly positive.. The other brands really had no significant feedback I could find. Surprisingly, the few online comments I found on Eibach were very negative.

So ST it was. To date, I am very pleased with the product. There is more corner lean compared to stock. Running the shocks firmer (which I prefer) reduces the lean significantly. Part of the lean issue is you can enter corners faster.

With about 300 miles on them, I have not experienced significant settling yet. There is still some tweaking to be done, but speeds across a very familiar course have increased about 10-15 mph depending on the section (straights with whoops are much faster, twistie corners not so much). Shocks are stock with #200 PSI N2. I can see how revalving would get a significant performance increase with the ST spring set up. That may be a late spring project.

The KRX is getting cabin (shop) fever and really wants to go to Utah in a few short months. 😂

· Registered
732 Posts
ST spring numbers are printed in reverse on the springs. ST setup is the best riding I've been in. They are a touch on the soft side. Bandit 3's are pretty stiff. All Things uppers are almost twice the rate of the ST's. I have Eibach uppers from summit racing. Had to do some lathe work to the divider and purch bushing in the rears. This was before any springs were available. Stock reservoir PSI was 100 psi on mine. Checked when new.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.