Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
394 Posts
Their crossovers are terrible! IMO I’ve installed on 8 machines and a pita to adjust afterwards.
You’re not the first person to say that. I’ve herd it from different people across other brands that they are not worth it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Jeebus @BobX2, are those crossover rings even engaging before the soft spring bottoms out?
I really don't know. I think they were before my last preload adjustment, but don't know now. The riding I do, I want to use all of the lighter spring before engaging the heavy one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What are those? Where did you get them from?
They’re a crossover silencer.. or a cock ring, not sure yet. I can seem to figure out how to fill it up unless I wear it around my arm. Some guy on one of the Facebook groups was selling them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks dude. Seems his listing on eBay has expired, I’ll have to keep an eye out when he makes some more. I’d like to pick some up so when I change my springs, I can toss those on at the same time.
I think my buddy picked up a big pack of o rings at Harbor freight for his worked great.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks dude. Seems his listing on eBay has expired, I’ll have to keep an eye out when he makes some more. I’d like to pick some up so when I change my springs, I can toss those on at the same time.
It’s showing more than 10 available on my end.. maybe contact him.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
394 Posts
It’s showing more than 10 available on my end.. maybe contact him.
I emailed him to let me know when he puts them back up, he sent back that he had just re-listed them, so I grabbed a set. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
394 Posts
I think my buddy picked up a big pack of o rings at Harbor freight for his worked great.
I thought about doing the O-ring route, but feared they’d get chewed up. I like the ones JTW posted because they are flat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I thought about doing the O-ring route, but feared they’d get chewed up. I like the ones JTW posted because they are flat.
Exactly... and they’re not just any ole rubber either. I forget now exactly what they were made of but it was something a little more hardy.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I bought these to try first... I think they were 20 bucks.. View attachment 1399
Here they are.

Due to shock Therapy sending me the incorrect silent crossovers for my front shocks (since they corrected) I went ahead and put the ones @JTW mentions above on the front and the silent crossovers from ST on the back... cant hear either. s

·
Registered
77 Posts
Due to shock Therapy sending me the incorrect silent crossovers for my front shocks (since they corrected) I went ahead and put the ones @JTW mentions above on the front and the silent crossovers from ST on the back... cant hear either. s
I have ST crossovers and they are silent. I got their springs RIS and IQS at they got evverthing spot on.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I have ST crossovers and they are silent. I got their springs RIS and IQS at they got evverthing spot on.
Yea I have their silent crossover on my rear shocks and i don’t hear them. I still have the cheap ones @JTW posted on my front shocks and I don’t hear them as well ... waiting to see how long they last until I take the shocks back apart to install the correct sized Silent crossovers on the front.

ijust wish we (@JTW and myself) could get some feedback from them as to why they gave me heavier front upper springs. We compared what we both set in and his machine was definitely listed as carrying more weight than mine .. but my front upper is much heavier

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
394 Posts
waiting to see how long they last until I take the shocks back apart to install the correct sized Silent crossovers on the front.
What makes you think the ones from ST are the “correct ones”? No offense, but $200 bucks for $10 bucks worth of aluminum and an O-ring, does not sell me as being correct.
ijust wish we (@JTW and myself) could get some feedback from them as to why they gave me heavier front upper springs.
They did the same for me. Look at the shock travel, way less then the back ones.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
What makes you think the ones from ST are the “correct ones”? No offense, but $200 bucks for $10 bucks worth of aluminum and an O-ring, does not sell me as being correct.

They did the same for me. Look at the shock travel, way less then the back ones.
The origional ones were undersized for the front shocks .. front and rear are a little different in Diameter. The rear ones fit, the front ones did not. I called them and we discussed I mensured them and they were incorrect so they sent out the correct size right away.
no offense taken I am sure there is stuff you buy that I would not approve of either .. but at least I am giving a test to both options For others to benefit from.

I do not understand your 2nd statement about travel. I still have the same travel I had with the stock springs .. only I actually have adjustability Of the crossover rings now.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
394 Posts
The reason the front springs are stiffer, is because the front shocks are shorter then the rears. (I personally still don’t understand why they need to be stiffer in the front, especially with all the weight on the rear end of the machine)

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
The reason the front springs are stiffer, is because the front shocks are shorter then the rears. (I personally still don’t understand why they need to be stiffer in the front, especially with all the weight on the rear end of the machine)
O I got ya, my reference to the front being heavier weight was more in comparison to the weight top spring they sent @JTW. all our spring from ST are the same weight with the exception of the front top spring mine is 100# heavier. they way he filled out his form he also indicated he carried more weight in the machine than I

·
Registered
154 Posts
Shock therapy recently did a good video about why things are setup the way they are. In short.. it has to do with braking and keeping the machine flat. All that weight is transferred to the front when you brake and why the front is stiffer than the rear.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts