Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
I went with the bandit stage 3 and I love them. The springs are a lot stiffer than oem with that being said I run my compression settings at full soft for the slow trail speed and it makes for a nice ride, I have noticed with the stiffer spring the ride only gets better the faster you go. And I have also installed shock therapy Springs on my uncle’s KRX and I will tell you the bandits are a much easier install then ST, the bandits are the same exactly length as the oem springs , ST springs are much longer. We had to crank the pre load down a lot more on the ST springs to sit the same height as my bandits. They are both great springs. Hope this helps.

· Registered
139 Posts
I have added a few pounds to mine. I have metal roof, back plastic window , full glass windshield and winch, full front bumper and I do carry a cooler in the back with a few tools. My uncles machine with ST has After market cage and front glass as well and winch and that’s it.

· Registered
139 Posts
Not following. Can you explain that?
when you install the rear Springs and set your pre load and lock collars the rear Springs are so loose you can spin the Springs by hand. I was shocked ! Just figured they’d be a little more pressure in the spring than that, feels wrong but that’s how my bandits were and the Shock therapy’s .

· Registered
139 Posts
I need springs now and I'm on the fence about which way to go. How much added weight / accessories do you have on your machine?
Not sure how much weight it adds up too but a fairly good amount. I have roof, sound bar , front and rear windshields, winch , front bumper with brush Guard, light bar, skid plates, and I carry a cooler and tools as well. I will say iv ran my bandits for the last 300 to 400 miles and have not sagged yet.

· Registered
139 Posts
And you like them a lot.....That may be the way I need to go. I don't see spending an extra 150 if I don't need to! And I see Bandit has them back in stock, they didn't a few days ago.
Do you need a spring compressor to do the swap?
Yes I am very happy I went bandit and saved a few bucks at the same time. No spring compressor is need but it would make the job easier, I did not have a compressor when I installed mine. you just need some spanner wrenches and a vice you can lock the shock body in to loosen your lock collars up , just keep loosening the lock collar Until all the compression comes off the spring and then you’re able to slip it off. Then put new Springs on and tighten your Lock collars to your desired preload.

· Registered
139 Posts
Any updates to share with us? How does the ride compare to the OEM ride with some miles on them, and compression adjusted to full soft? What's your ride height? I ride slow, rocky trails and don't want to end up with a harsh ride. I'm also concerned that the stage 2 springs might be too soft and I wouldn't gain anything by installing them.
They are working great! The ride with compression turned all the way soft makes for a nice supple ride, I also mostly just ride slow rocky trails. They have not sagged at all in 400 miles. My ride height is 18 1/2in front to back but I’m also running 35in tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.