Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
following........
I just go back from Shock Therapy and am very happy with the results. They do give you springs that are custom rates for the type of riding that you do and any gear that you carry. I left all my gear in the machine when they had it and they knew my weight so somebody could sit in it when they set the ride height. I also got there RIS system and IQS. I rode it today and the ride is great. I don't know how those 2 people that got springs from them knew the spring rate was the same as the springs aren't marked. There service is first rate. When you get an appointment you take it in at 7 and it will be done by 4. Mine was done at 2.

· Registered
158 Posts
@Joe Make sure to keep us updated on the whole system. I’m interested in getting feedback from folks that had the RIS & IQS done to their buggy. 👍🏻
I will. The ride today was short but Sunday I'm doing a 60 mile ride on varied terrain. My friend had the same thing done to his at really likes it. Sine we live 140 mile from ST we took our machines there for the service. The ride height was set perfect.

· Registered
158 Posts
Due to shock Therapy sending me the incorrect silent crossovers for my front shocks (since they corrected) I went ahead and put the ones @JTW mentions above on the front and the silent crossovers from ST on the back... cant hear either. s
I have ST crossovers and they are silent. I got their springs RIS and IQS at they got evverthing spot on.

· Registered
158 Posts
I'm new to this group, just bought me a KRX last month, going to take it to Shock Therapy in a few months for the re-valve and springs.
I had a RZR RS1 that I had them re-valve back in Oct, the guy that did it told me that the front left Walker Evans shock was carbonized do to it leaking the nitrogen into the oil, It was basically a pogo stick and it came from the factory like that. I would never have known that if I did not get the work done. He said he see's that once in a while.
If you can afford it get IQS also. On a ride yesterday I must ha changed the compression dampening over 50 times. It makes the springs and RIS so much better. It is as good as ST claims it is.

· Registered
158 Posts
Re-valving wont get back my ground clearance back that I lost when my springs started sagging. The ST springs I purchased a couple of weeks ago made a big difference in ride comfort, and I got my ride height back, Your right about the valving though, they have it adjusted for everybody, I have a appt with ST to get mine re-valved for my cars weight my weight and my riding style. That will make a huge improvement..
I got St springs RIS and IQS about 1500 miles ago. I checked the ride height today and the springs haven't sagged at all. If you can afford IQS you should consider it. A friend and I both got it on our KRX and we would get it again in a heartbeat. It is as good as ST says it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.