Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
I鈥檓 Using the stock springs to save cash, and only revalving and install new Fox reservoir shreader valve end caps. Or you can drill out and tap the stock caps with a shreader valve for pennies!! This way you can use nitrogen pressures to help tune to taste. The stock shocks have only 100 to 110 psi. This is bare minimum psi.
It would certainly be less expensive to check and adjust N2 levels to see how it effects things before spending $$$ on springs. :unsure:

Registered
So. We are driving these cars around on some pretty sophisticated long travel N2 charged suspension systems and most of us have no idea of the exact charge pressures in our shocks? I certainly don't at this point.
Working with pressurized refrigerants, and other pressurized systems for a living, this really sets off a baseline red flag for me as a starting point in the tuning process. From my experience, it's going to leak if it's man made and under pressure, and it's not going to leak on an even basis among shocks. One shock could be at a full charge and another at 30% and I would be messing with springs and cross overs to make things better? Perhaps I'm way off base here, but my inner QC OCD is insisting that knowing charge pressures is a must before starting any real tuning process. It's like having tires with no way to know the tire pressure and adding grooving to try and make them handle better. Tires that the mfg. says to send in to be filled and checked because overfilling can be dangerous. Kind of disappointed that Fox and Kawasaki think we are too stupid to do this ourselves.
I'm very thankful for all the information I am getting from this forum!

Registered
For what it is worth, I researched ST, Bandit, and Eibach replacement springs before buying last summer. ST, by many magnitudes, had a ton of feedback, reviews, videos from owners. Mostly positive.. The other brands really had no significant feedback I could find. Surprisingly, the few online comments I found on Eibach were very negative.

So ST it was. To date, I am very pleased with the product. There is more corner lean compared to stock. Running the shocks firmer (which I prefer) reduces the lean significantly. Part of the lean issue is you can enter corners faster.

With about 300 miles on them, I have not experienced significant settling yet. There is still some tweaking to be done, but speeds across a very familiar course have increased about 10-15 mph depending on the section (straights with whoops are much faster, twistie corners not so much). Shocks are stock with #200 PSI N2. I can see how revalving would get a significant performance increase with the ST spring set up. That may be a late spring project.

The KRX is getting cabin (shop) fever and really wants to go to Utah in a few short months. 馃槀

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.