Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
For the first time, I have read some bad reviews about the ST spring setup they are offering, and poor customer service from ST as well.
I can tell you first hand that their customer service is lacking lately. I called them out on a bad move they did for Black Friday, and it took them a week to respond.
Shock Therapy supposedly uses spring weights customized for you based on information you provide them.
Correct. Based on the information you give them, they build the set to your needs. I’m not a fan of “one size fits most” the others offer.

This is where things get tricky, as springs are expensive and a PITA to swap out.
They really are quite easy if you have the right tools. I picked up a spring compressor off eBay to do my swap out and future adjustments, for the $115 bucks it cost, well worth it. You can view it HERE We pulled my buddies shocks off his car, and had everything disassembled and put back on the car in an hour
Is a "medium" weight spring going to adequately support your machine for those times when you load it up, or carry a spare tire?
Here’s where you have to decide what you are going to carry for weight 90% of the time, and order up the right springs. For the 10% your not, just dial down the shocks.

My springs are set to arrive today from ST. When I ordered them, I listed everything on my machine plus any possible additions I might add in the future. I will do a review of them when I install them. (Won’t be for a little while, as I want to get the front end work done by the dealer first)

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
To conclude.. couple of hundred miles later the springs have sagged more that expected..
Did you adjust your ride height again? In the video from ST on how to install on the KRX, he (Justin) says that you will need to adjust them only 1 time after a couple hundred mile break in period.
I too skipped the over priced crossover rings, I can’t see $200 bucks for 4 aluminum rings with set screws.

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
when you install the rear Springs and set your pre load and lock collars the rear Springs are so loose you can spin the Springs by hand. I was shocked ! Just figured they’d be a little more pressure in the spring than that, feels wrong but that’s how my bandits were and the Shock therapy’s .
Ahhh, got ya. If they were that loose, did they rattle when out on the trails?

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
x2 A good spring compressor is highly recommended for the ST springs.. would be very hard trying to use ratchet straps.. using a compressor makes life much easier and I use one just to make adjustments.. and pulling the shocks to readjust is the easiest way... 1/2" on front shock =1",.... 1" = or nets 1" on rear
I have one already. I picked up one off EBay last month.

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
Here they are.

Thanks dude. Seems his listing on eBay has expired, I’ll have to keep an eye out when he makes some more. I’d like to pick some up so when I change my springs, I can toss those on at the same time.

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
waiting to see how long they last until I take the shocks back apart to install the correct sized Silent crossovers on the front.
What makes you think the ones from ST are the “correct ones”? No offense, but $200 bucks for $10 bucks worth of aluminum and an O-ring, does not sell me as being correct.
ijust wish we (@JTW and myself) could get some feedback from them as to why they gave me heavier front upper springs.
They did the same for me. Look at the shock travel, way less then the back ones.

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
The reason the front springs are stiffer, is because the front shocks are shorter then the rears. (I personally still don’t understand why they need to be stiffer in the front, especially with all the weight on the rear end of the machine)

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
I agree with both of you. @Pound sand has a valid point that in fact valving does make a difference. But @JTW drives the real problem home, sagging.
If the stock springs would hold the weight of all the accessories, we most likely wouldn’t be talking about changing springs.

If you’re a guy that’s never going to carry passengers, never add an accessory, never carries a cooler, and rides dunes and/or high speed trails all day, then yeah, you could probably get away with the stock springs, and do the revalving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.