Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone has added a schrader valve to their shock reservoir and re-pressured their shocks to a higher nitrogen pressure yet? I was recently reading a post on a FB group that someone had done this and re-pressured them up to 180psi, he said they only had around 90psi from the factory. I did this on my old RZR 900S and it helped out tremendously. Just curious as to whether it would be a good idea on the KRX.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
701 Posts
Proper pressure is important in any shock. The question is, what is the correct pressure for our Fox shocks, and how can you check them? I would assume they come from the factory at the correct pressure, but without a schrader valve, how do you check them?

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a set of caps from Schmidty Racing for my old RZR with the shrader valve installed already. Pretty straight forward install. I would assume they come from the factory with the correct psi as well, but you never know. I was just curious to see if anyone else has done this with the KRX, and see if its worth doing or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pound sand responded to this in a spring comparison, shock therapy vs Bandit vs....thread. I don't know how to link it

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, just remembered I had read that conversation. Thanks for the reminder. I'm just going to pull the trigger and try the caps and repressure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone has added a schrader valve to their shock reservoir and re-pressured their shocks to a higher nitrogen pressure yet? I was recently reading a post on a FB group that someone had done this and re-pressured them up to 180psi, he said they only had around 90psi from the factory. I did this on my old RZR 900S and it helped out tremendously. Just curious as to whether it would be a good idea on the KRX.
When Shock Therapy did the RIS on my shocks they pressurized them to 200 PSI

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to drill mine out and install the valve, but I have a weird feeling that I'd probably have a small leak and end up buying a different set of caps anyway. Plus the caps look pretty cool in my opinion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was going to drill mine out and install the valve, but I have a weird feeling that I'd probably have a small leak and end up buying a different set of caps anyway. Plus the caps look pretty cool in my opinion.
LOL.....my thoughts exactly. I will drill and Schrader the old ones for spares tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts