Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2021 krx have has 280 miles on it real hard to shift when running real easy when off call Kawasaki no complaints ? Seems like I see on this forum a lot of peopl have the same problem anybody have a fix very frustrating

·
Registered
389 Posts
Engine temp and RPM when it's hard to shift?
I am guessing high idle is a common issue with these? Everyone seems to jump right to that with a hard shift. It could be many things...worn belt, dirty clutch etc etc... literally 99% of the time its in the clutching.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am guessing high idle is a common issue with these? Everyone seems to jump right to that with a hard shift. It could be many things...worn belt, dirty clutch etc etc... literally 99% of the time its in the clutching.
They idle high on first start. The wet clutch will start to drag at 1300 RPM and make it hard to shift. 1400 or over it just won't shift while running. With the wet clutch it's high idle, problem with the one way bearing or a physical problem in the linkage or transmission. Belt and CVT have nothing to do with it, there is nothing moving in there with the wet clutch.

·
Registered
389 Posts
They idle high on first start. The wet clutch will start to drag at 1300 RPM and make it hard to shift. 1400 or over it just won't shift while running. With the wet clutch it's high idle, problem with the one way bearing or a physical problem in the linkage or transmission. Belt and CVT have nothing to do with it, there is nothing moving in there with the wet clutch.
[/QU

Well.... If this wet clutch is such a PITA why isn't someone working on a delete set up for it? Rather that just weights and springs

·
Registered
389 Posts

Well.... If this wet clutch is such a PITA why isn't someone working on a delete set up for it? Rather that just weights and springs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts