Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 teryx krx
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if this is normal, at 41 mph it feels like it shifts, almost like the centrifugal clutch locks up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Trail edition that is doing the same thing...it happens between 40-50mph (usually happens 43-45). I have less than 300 miles on it. I have noticed that the speed it happens at will change with engine load. It has done this since the first time I rode it.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Have not pulled my clutches apart yet. Blow out the cover. Waiting for my RCOR set to be delivered. Ordered them last Sunday.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have not pulled my clutches apart yet. Blow out the cover. Waiting for my RCOR set to be delivered. Ordered them last Sunday.
How many miles do you have on the krx? Sorry if I’ve asked this in other threads, I get who has what mixed up once in a while. The shift feeling I’m talking about was t there from new. It’s like a slip feel. At 40-45.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
How many miles do you have on the krx? Sorry if I’ve asked this in other threads, I get who has what mixed up once in a while. The shift feeling I’m talking about was t there from new. It’s like a slip feel. At 40-45.
Have just over 700 miles now. I've been feeling it for the past 400 miles or so. Really notice it on a long dirt road. Watch the RPMs and play with the gas, it definitely feels like it's shifting. Think it's a mix of the junk weights and the hard kawasaki belt. Hopefully my RCOR set and belt will eliminate it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have just over 700 miles now. I've been feeling it for the past 400 miles or so. Really notice it on a long dirt road. Watch the RPMs and play with the gas, it definitely feels like it's shifting. Think it's a mix of the junk weights and the hard kawasaki belt. Hopefully my RCOR set and belt will eliminate it.

Soon as I put the RCOR weights in it was gone. I put the Gboost belt on 200 miles later also.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Soon as I put the RCOR weights in it was gone. I put the Gboost belt on 200 miles later also.
Went ahead and added the belt to my order. Figured while I was in there. Had the dealer look at everything inside there when I had the shift cable adjusted. I'm sure they didn't do anything but charge me money. Does not look like the cover was pulled off.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Went ahead and added the belt to my order. Figured while I was in there. Had the dealer look at everything inside there when I had the shift cable adjusted. I'm sure they didn't do anything but charge me money. Does not look like the cover was pulled off.

When I really noticed mine doing the shift feeling, it was when I would complete stop on a straight away, and then step on the gas to get up to 60mph. Around the 40mph it was so obvious. I don’t trust dealer techs anyway. Make sure you don’t crush the gasket on your clutch cover. Check to make sure it’s seated in the proper spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts