Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my 120 mile first service and had a question about the transmission oil type, the manual states 80/90 but I have seen posts about using Kawasaki "gear & wet brake oil" due to the wet clutch in the transmission. Any input on this would be appropriated.

Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
I am doing my 120 mile first service and had a question about the transmission oil type, the manual states 80/90 but I have seen posts about using Kawasaki "gear & wet brake oil" due to the wet clutch in the transmission. Any input on this would be appropriated.
The gear & wet brake oil is for the Teryx 800 as it has a wet parking brake. Just use the Kawasaki regular 80/90 gear oil for the front and rear diffs. The KRX wet clutch is inside of the engine so you need to make sure you use a motor oil that is for an engine with a wet clutch.

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
Everything you need is here. Do yourself a favor and set up an account, set up your machine profile, break out your credit card, and everything comes right to your door. The oil change kit is $34 (1), and the gear oil is about $8 per quart (3). Not the gear & wet brake oil. Total cost for your full service is less than $60.

Kawasaki Oil Change Kit

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
We also have a sub-forum with all this information.

Premium Member
2020 KRX
To add to what Bob mentioned above...

The nice thing about setting up your account with My Kawasaki and registering your buggy and buying your oil and gear changing stuff from them is, they can never hassle you for not doing maintenance should you have a warranty issue.

I brought mine in for its first service, but all further services will be done by me.

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
To add to what Bob mentioned above...

The nice thing about setting up your account with My Kawasaki and registering your buggy and buying your oil and gear changing stuff from them is, they can never hassle you for not doing maintenance should you have a warranty issue.

I brought mine in for its first service, but all further services will be done by me.
Huh. I never looked on there before for parts and oils. Surprised to see the oil change kit was only $6 more than from RMATV.
As long as you keep and file all of your receipts for your service oils and such, and write everything down in the log in your owners manual, you will have zero problems with any warranty issues.

Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
Everything you need is here. Do yourself a favor and set up an account, set up your machine profile, break out your credit card, and everything comes right to your door. The oil change kit is $34 (1), and the gear oil is about $8 per quart (3). Not the gear & wet brake oil. Total cost for your full service is less than $60.

Kawasaki Oil Change Kit

View attachment 1903 View attachment 1904
Great deal. I prefer synthetic personally. The engine stays cleaner internally.

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
Great deal. I prefer synthetic personally. The engine stays cleaner internally.
I hear you. I'm a little obsessive about changing oils. As cheap as fluids are for this machine my 50 hour service intervals should keep it plenty clean. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts