Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a freebie (OEM harness bars) from a friend and that got me to thinking more about upgrading my seats. My only real complaint comfort wise with the KRX is the OEM seats. They aren't horrible by any means, but not nearly as comfortable as the OEM seats in my General were. New seats are damn pricey, particularly PRP seats, but if I were to sell my OEM wheels and tires, that would pay for the seats. Found a place fairly local that has a bunch of different seats you can try on. I could probably barter a deal with them for the tires and wheels, but they are a business and need to make money on them, so I wouldn't get as much for them as I would selling them outright.
I really liked the PRP GT / S.E. seat. The PRP XC would be my second choice. I'm going to have to take my wife down and let her try them on to see if any of them meet her approval. The guy said I could actually order 2 different seats if I liked one and my wife liked a different one. Since you get to design your own seats, they would still look the same in terms of colors, just different design of the seat itself. Never thought of that before, but an awesome idea. If/when the time comes for the KRX to go away, the OEM seats would just go right back in. Hmmm, something to ponder on. 馃

Premium Member
Picked up a freebie (OEM harness bars) from a friend and that got me to thinking more about upgrading my seats. My only real complaint comfort wise with the KRX is the OEM seats. They aren't horrible by any means, but not nearly as comfortable as the OEM seats in my General were. New seats are damn pricey, particularly PRP seats, but if I were to sell my OEM wheels and tires, that would pay for the seats. Found a place fairly local that has a bunch of different seats you can try on. I could probably barter a deal with them for the tires and wheels, but they are a business and need to make money on them, so I wouldn't get as much for them as I would selling them outright.
I really liked the PRP GT / S.E. seat. The PRP XC would be my second choice. I'm going to have to take my wife down and let her try them on to see if any of them meet her approval. The guy said I could actually order 2 different seats if I liked one and my wife liked a different one. Since you get to design your own seats, they would still look the same in terms of colors, just different design of the seat itself. Never thought of that before, but an awesome idea. If/when the time comes for the KRX to go away, the OEM seats would just go right back in. Hmmm, something to ponder on. 馃

View attachment 1751
That is cool, I always get a little confused on why one is better than the other. be super nice to sit in and try them all

Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX

View attachment 1751
Well I can tell ya I need a spare! Sell us here on the forum your wheels and tires! Yes you need new seats! Lol jk

Premium Member
2020 KRX

View attachment 1751
That鈥檚 pretty cool that you have a dealer with all those seats to try out. I have to wait till the SxS show comes around to see them all in one place. I couldn鈥檛 go to the one in Scottsdale last year due to COVID, but hopefully this year. Keep us posted on your findings, and which one you wind up going with.

Registered
Exactly!! Were you on Hondasxs.com?
Affirmative.

We had our heart set on a Talon until I saw my neighbor "show off" doing a few speed runs across a rutted meadow visible from our front room. Three words came to mind.....bouncy pogo stick. Now I got the KRX spend virus and so does the wife. I showed her the seat showroom picture in this thread and she immediately said "lets go there." Followed by a stern look and "we are getting harnesses before the Utah trip.....right?" I'm lost.

Banned
Affirmative.

We had our heart set on a Talon until I saw my neighbor "show off" doing a few speed runs across a rutted meadow visible from our front room. Three words came to mind.....bouncy pogo stick. Now I got the KRX spend virus and so does the wife. I showed her the seat showroom picture in this thread and she immediately said "lets go there." Followed by a stern look and "we are getting harnesses before the Utah trip.....right?" I'm lost.
What鈥檚 was your screen name?

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Lord! Coming from a Honda Pioneer to a KRX I thought the KRX seats were like something out of a F1 race car. Sigh....this place is going to be the end of me.....or my bank account :oops:
LOL. Just wait until you sit in a nice suspension seat like these. For me, the KRX seats are a little to short under the legs to be real comfortable. It just doesn't fit me the way I would like it to. However, if my wife doesn't care for any of the PRP seats, I guess the KRX seats will stay.

Registered
Just wait until you sit in a nice suspension seat like these
Now that I think about it, I used to have a snow cat with some Recaro suspension seats they were pretty nice. Made driving that beast tolerable. I thought my wife would laugh when I showed her the seat picture.....forgot one thing.....seats are like furniture for UTVs. I guess mini blinds will be next.

Registered
That would be a trail rated set with titanium inserts, carbon fiber self cleaning blind surfaces that add aerodynamic dust deflection over 40 mph, special Kevlar cording with occupant protection ratings and a choice of designer colors. Home is indeed in the UTV. I should got an RS1. :oops:

Registered
I'm looking for a dealer that has seats to try in WV, OH, Pa or further south if necessary. The other basic enviro/comfy issues are resolved, now the seats. Any direction would be appreciated. How did you guys make out with your choices?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.