Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to install a set of Tusk seat heaters and am looking for recommendation on a switched power source. Is there any good hookups in the center console area? I would rather not have to go all the way up to the dash.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How are you switching them? Im
Running a switch pro and if I were doing it I would run them to it. You have the stock option of the dash or behind the seat in the ecu box. But I’m not a fan of running accessories on the stock system. I prefer isolating my accessories from the rest of the machine as much as possible. I ran a dedicated positive and negative to my switches and would come off that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just added plugins for our Gerbings heated liners. I used a relay switch (solenoid) and connected that to the busbar behind the center dash panel so the system is active only when the ignition is on. And ran an 8 gage hot wire directly from the battery through the switch and to a small fuse box and pulled wires from that to power the plugins. should handle 40 amps total. The liners with gloves pull just under 10 amp each (mine and my wife's) and we may add more clothing or maybe other accessories to that system. This way it keeps this stuff isolated from the machines electrical system. Seems to work really good so far.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Tusk heaters come with a rocker switch built into the wire harness. When I installed these on my X3 I put the switches in the center console between the seats and tapped power in the same area as it has a bus bar there.

On the KRX I'm not seeing a good spot to mount the rockers between the seats on the center console so looks like I am just going to have to run everything to the front dash anyway and will tap power there

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
454 Posts
The Tusk heaters come with a rocker switch built into the wire harness. When I installed these on my X3 I put the switches in the center console between the seats and tapped power in the same area as it has a bus bar there.

On the KRX I'm not seeing a good spot to mount the rockers between the seats on the center console so looks like I am just going to have to run everything to the front dash anyway and will tap power there
Why not run wiring from the battery to a bus bar into the center console? Not sure if you’ll be adding accessories later. But might be a good fit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want them wired into ignition/switched power not always on. Good way to kill the battery

Like I said only good place for the rocker switches are the dash so I got to go there anyways.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I want them wired into ignition/switched power not always on. Good way to kill the battery

Like I said only good place for the rocker switches are the dash so I got to go there anyways.
No... you can just trigger off the ignition. It doesn’t have to run though the stock wiring. I’m just afraid you’re going to burn something up hooking too much to those stock bus bars.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
454 Posts

I have my reverse cube lights straight to the battery with a rocker switch and relay. As long as the switch is off. There is no power going through the harness. Have had my machine parked for 2 months and no tender and started right up Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
411 Posts
I have my reverse cube lights straight to the battery with a rocker switch and relay. As long as the switch is off. There is no power going through the harness. Have had my machine parked for 2 months and no tender and started right up Saturday.
Put your battery on a tender dude. Yes, it will start, but constant conditioning of the battery is necessary for the longevity of its life. Every time it drains down and recharges, is another “deep cycle” pattern. Do those enough times, and game over.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
454 Posts
Put your battery on a tender dude. Yes, it will start, but constant conditioning of the battery is necessary for the longevity of its life. Every time it drains down and recharges, is another “deep cycle” pattern. Do those enough times, and game over.
I usually do. It’s always on tender, just moved to new home and kinda have stuff everywhere lol. You know how it goes. I was just sharing as an example that even with the cube lights wired through the battery it does not create a parasitic draw as long as they are off and is completely fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts