Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I sure could use some insight to a problem that I have. A couple of months ago, my seat belt sensor had some sort of short in it.....the seat belt would be plugged in but the sensor wouldn't register the seat belt so top speed is 5mph or whatever it is. I found that if I manipulated it and held it in the right spot, it would sense it and I could go but I either had to hold it and drive with one hand or my wife would have to hold it. Took it into dealer...part on back order but they "fixed" it by taking the thing apart and filing down the grooves between the two halves to keep it tighter inside.....that actually worked until recently. I had the dealer order me a new part this time (warranty item) and I just installed it today and was going to go on a ride. Install was fine and believe it or not.....the exact same problem with the new part. So I am assuming another bad part but thats where you guys come in......anyone experience the same problem or have any ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would definitely check the pins inside of the wire connectors. Maybe one is pushed in or not contacting the other side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I disassembled the old one I took off and it looks like its the button in the seat belt head thats the defect....the buckle is not keeping the button depressed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just cut the wires going into the selt belt latch and crimped them together. Mine had the short after about 10 miles were on the machine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't that crazy.....such a poor design. I am surprised more people haven't had this issue. Or maybe they have but just dealt with it like you did rather than wait around for a new part from Kawasaki like I unfortunately did. I ended up just getting the bypass from Brute Performance...they were awesome to deal with. Happy trails now tho!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts