Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 15 miles on my new KRX, it went into seat belt mode and would not change. I tried everything I know, Put the seatbelt on and off, stopped and started the KRX, checked for loose connection. I really don't have time to take it to the dealer right now. Any comments. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
After only 15 miles on my new KRX, it went into seat belt mode and would not change. I tried everything I know, Put the seatbelt on and off, stopped and started the KRX, checked for loose connection. I really don't have time to take it to the dealer right now. Any comments. Thanks
the plug is just under the center plastic. Were you able to get to it?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I did not get that far. I will try that tonight. Thanks
It should be just in front of where the seatbelt bolts in on your right side. You may have to pull a couple pop rivets out to access it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit the low power switch? I only ask because I have done that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could also be a broken micro switch that is located in the driver side buckle. 4 phillips screws to remove to see if that is the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I checked the Low Power mode (I tried it both ways) nothing, the brake is all the way down. The dash shows the red seatbelt sign. I'm going to check it out further tonight (hopefully)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I checked the Low Power mode (I tried it both ways) nothing, the brake is all the way down. The dash shows the red seatbelt sign. I'm going to check it out further tonight (hopefully)

Take the 4 torq screws out of where your seat belt snaps in...pull it apart. There is a micro switch in there that will pop out with a screw driver...make sure the tab isn't broken. I black taped mine in the closed position to bypass it. Not spending 30 bucks for a bypass switch. If its broke... cut the 2 wires and splice them together. FIXED

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I went out and started to check things. My garage lighting sucks and it's been a 13 hour day and I'm tired. The last thing I should be doing is troubleshooting when tired. I'll give it a fresh look tomorrow. Thanks and I'll keep you updated

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
352 Posts
I’ve said it before I’ll say it again a seat belt bypass is a must have. Imagine this happening 50 miles from the trail head. I wear my seat belt religiously like I use ear plugs and safety glasses. I don’t want a system that can and will fail telling me to buckle up.

Or say you’re on the way up a hill, halfway up and digging, and the seat belt nag kicks in. Now you’re struggling. Screw that!

Reactions: Jraoffroad

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
352 Posts
Hell yeah!

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
352 Posts
There’s no question that soldering is best. But if you create a mechanical bond and a electrical bond and put dielectric grease on it before wrapping it in tape it’s almost as good. Not everyone has the ability or every thing is practical to solder. Don’t let that inability keep you from going forward.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
61 Posts
Update... I opened the seat belt receiving latch, cut the wires to the micro switch, twisted them together, put tape on it and put it back together. Started it up and the seat belt light went off. Went for a ride. Problem solved. Thank you everyone !

If it is duct tape, should be ok. lol

I was with this group a couple months ago and one of the Polaris riders busted a tie rod. Duct tape got him back to camp.

Reactions: Paul65
1 - 17 of 17 Posts