Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found on eBay. It came with everything except the alternator. I thought there was a thread cross referencing a few of the same alternators across different brands. For anyone that has the alternator kit, can you snap a few photos of it?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found on eBay. It came with everything except the alternator. I thought there was a thread cross referencing a few of the same alternators across different brands. For anyone that has the alternator kit, can you snap a few photos of it?
Never mind I found it. It’s a denso alternator.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that listing last week. It’s a good deal if you need one.
I didn’t plan on adding one. But with the more accessories I’ve been loading up on, the poor little battery is taking a beating as well as the stator. Granted I’ve only seen a slight flicker from the headlights. Peace of mind I guess.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
So with where that sits, I’d imagine it’s vulnerable to mud and water right? Or do they have some sort if protection for it?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So with where that sits, I’d imagine it’s vulnerable to mud and water right? Or do they have some sort if protection for it?
I asked another member regarding that. It actually has a nice protective cover for mud. The member I spoke to said he has had it submerged in water and it was fine.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,120 Posts
Make sure to keep us updated on the install. Take lots of pics, it can help out folks that are thinking of adding one.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
Hell yeah I’m interested!!!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heard back from Denso, they will not sell you the alternator due to some massive Kawasaki contract. However, they did provide the part number to the Kawasaki mule which is 21001-1129 which is also compatible for our machines. This alternator is good for 93-08 mules. I’ve reached out to a few aftermarket companies to cross reference. They seem to be going for less than $100 compared to dealer at $400+. Will keep y’all posted.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heard back from Denso, they will not sell you the alternator due to some massive Kawasaki contract. However, they did provide the part number to the Kawasaki mule which is 21001-1129 which is also compatible for our machines. This alternator is good for 93-08 mules. I’ve reached out to a few aftermarket companies to cross reference. They seem to be going for less than $100 compared to dealer at $400+. Will keep y’all posted.
Cross reference numbers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts