Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Easy to install as it is plug and play with self cancelling features. PM sent.
It is not plug and play. That would mean no cutting or splicing and this kit requires both. It should be plug and play for the price tag. Instead you have to cut and splice into brand new OEM harness. Which you probably can tell kinda upsets me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've never been a fan of Ryco's kits. It's a huge mark up for cheap parts that in most cases don't even end being legal lights anyway. A 3/4 marker does not count as a turn signal, a signal must be (IIRC) 3.2 sq inches in one lens.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have to cut your main wiring harness. One wire for each tail light. Then you have to splice into your break pedal wiring. On another note none of the connections that come in the kit for behind the dash are waterproof!

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
You have to cut your main wiring harness. One wire for each tail light. Then you have to splice into your break pedal wiring. On another note none of the connections that come in the kit for behind the dash are waterproof!
I talked to my installer about this and he told me it was not difficult to make those connections because the are crimp connectors. He uses the Ryco on his KRX and prefers it because of the price point and Ryco warranty. It's been on his 2000 since it was new. Did you have any problems with your installation or issues with something not working?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I talked to my installer about this and he told me it was not difficult to make those connections because the are crimp connectors. He uses the Ryco on his KRX and prefers it because of the price point and Ryco warranty. It's been on his 2000 since it was new. Did you have any problems with your installation or issues with something not working?
I did not use it because I’m not cutting my main harness.. I also don’t like that none of the connections behind the dash are waterproof. The kit is cheaply made in my opinion.

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I have the XTC kits and they are truly plug and play. XTC are rocker switch kits. The Ryco kits have turn stalks and have been reliable and we have not had very many problems with them. Ryco's warranty program is the best in the business if there is a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the XTC kits and they are truly plug and play. XTC are rocker switch kits. The Ryco kits have turn stalks and have been reliable and we have not had very many problems with them. Ryco's warranty program is the best in the business if there is a problem.
Ryco needs to make a plug and play harness and waterproof connections. Also the mount for the stalk to the steering column is a cheap hose clamp. Was not impressed. So much I ate the cost and kept the front grille and lights to install with the XTC kit.

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I have those XTC kits in stock and can ship next day. You get a great deal using your Forum discount through Pro UTV Parts. Post up some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have those XTC kits in stock and can ship next day. You get a great deal using your Forum discount through Pro UTV Parts. Post up some pics when you get it done.

What is the forum discount.(How much)
Where are you shipping from?
Utv source is giving out a 5% discount with a new email and I was told if you leave it in your shopping cart for a couple days they will send you an additional 10%-15%.

·
Vendor
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Quote sent.
Ships from Utah
KRX grills in stock with Fang lights.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts