Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just curious what everyone’s temps are running. I can let it warm up and it will get to around 185. Start driving and it will drop to 150. I haven’t seen it over 170 with hard driving. Outside temps have been around freezing.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
I’m just curious what everyone’s temps are running. I can let it warm up and it will get to around 185. Start driving and it will drop to 150. I haven’t seen it over 170 with hard driving. Outside temps have been around freezing.
Thats about what I run. On a cold day it will be around 150-165. Never seen it go over 190.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
I’m glad you asked this. I’ve only got 150 break in miles around the house. I’ve sure noticed it runs cool. I’ve heard the cooling fan maybe three times. I make it a point for it to idle up to 120 degrees or better before riding and that takes a while. It’s almost always above 40 degrees here.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
I’m glad you asked this. I’ve only got 150 break in miles around the house. I’ve sure noticed it runs cool. I’ve heard the cooling fan maybe three times. I make it a point for it to idle up to 120 degrees or better before riding and that takes a while. It’s almost always above 40 degrees here.
Let it warm up before you ride. The engine will thank you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I always start mine up and let it run for a couple minutes then drive it about a couple blocks in distance before hammering on it.

I am usually around 180~ but have seen 210 more than a handful of times and the fan comes on all the time. FWIW, I am having a hard time breaking this thing lol.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
I’m glad to hear things like this, that’s it’s a tough well-made machine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always let it warm up first. It can be 185 degrees when I pull out of the garage. After 100ft it’s down to 150. Im well past the break in miles and I like to run it hard. Deep snow that’s crusty on top and mush underneath is the only thing that slows it down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always let it warm up first. It can be 185 degrees when I pull out of the garage. After 100ft it’s down to 150. Im well past the break in miles and I like to run it hard. Deep snow that’s crusty on top and mush underneath is the only thing that slows it down.
So has anyone tried to remove the thermostat or over riding the cooling fan? I am sure they make it run hot for the cat to work, but if you get rid of the cat you should not have an issue. I did this on my X3 and it ran so much cooler and really didn't notice any issues.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
So has anyone tried to remove the thermostat or over riding the cooling fan? I am sure they make it run hot for the cat to work, but if you get rid of the cat you should not have an issue. I did this on my X3 and it ran so much cooler and really didn't notice any issues.
Why would you remove the thermostat? Engines need temperature to operate correctly. If it runs too cool it will run rich and probably foul plugs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts