Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Rugged Radio Install

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  craigstumph 
One fee for everyone, I would also get a Technician license as a min. it will help you alot and learn the rules. 2 weeks of easy studying, use a online study question, to recognize the correct answer and pass the test.
So what is the fine or penalty if you are caught using the radio with no license?

This thread got me curious

(a) If a Federal court finds that a Personal Radio Service station operator has willfully and knowingly violated any provision of the Communications Act, that operator may be fined up to $10,000 or be imprisoned for a period not exceeding one year, or both. Upon a subsequent violation, the imprisonment may be for a period not exceeding two years. See § 501 of the Communications Act (47 U.S.C. 501).

(b) If a Federal court finds that a Personal Radio Service station operator has willfully and knowingly violated any FCC rule, the operator may be fined up to $500 for each violation, or in the case of a continuing violation, $500 for each day that the violation continued. See section 502 of the Communications Act (47 U.S.C. 502).

(c) If the FCC finds that a Personal Radio Service station operator has willfully or repeatedly violated one or more sections of the Communications Act or of the FCC Rules, that operator may be liable for forfeiture. See § 1.80 of this chapter for details about the forfeiture procedures and amounts.

(d) If the FCC finds that a Personal Radio Service station operator is using a Personal Radio Service station in a way that violates one or more sections of the Communications Act or of the FCC Rules, the FCC may order the operator to cease and desist (i.e., immediately stop operating the station). See § 312(b) of the Communications Act (47 U.S.C. 312(b)).
Well i guess its just for Mexico only.. dont really need it in the states anyway cell phones work pretty much everywhere or beer break until everyone catches up :ROFLMAO:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.