Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching tons of videos of the KRX it seems on par with other UTVs in regards to RPMs while on the trail.

Was wondering if I can get help gathering the following information from stock and modified machines.

Looking for engine RPMs at the following speeds 25, 35, 45, and 55. Please list mods and tires of not stock.

Going to get the same info from my Talon (before it sells) and my neighbors various UTVs.

Had several people tell my how high the KRX revs.....want to see the facts.

Thanks and happy riding!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
After watching tons of videos of the KRX it seems on par with other UTVs in regards to RPMs while on the trail.

Was wondering if I can get help gathering the following information from stock and modified machines.

Looking for engine RPMs at the following speeds 25, 35, 45, and 55. Please list mods and tires of not stock.

Going to get the same info from my Talon (before it sells) and my neighbors various UTVs.

With a geared trans like your Honda a certain RPM=a certain speed in which ever gear you are in. With a CVT the gear ratio can very with the load on the engine. With the gearing on the KRX I run everything in high gear except when I'm rock crawling. I've seen 5200 RPM up a steep hill at 11mph and 25-35 on the flats depending on the terrain(deep sand versus hardpack) so you will never know what the RPM wil be. At higher speeds after the CVT has shifted out then the RPM versus speed has more of a coralation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have added more details. Looking for cruising on hard level ground.

More of a highway type drive.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Info is already on here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
NFA,
This is probably what you need. These comparisons are with and without the primary spring installed on a stock KRX.
Approximate RPM's before and after:

speed before after
5 mph 3000 3000
15 mph 4500 4000
20 mph 5000 4500
30 mph 5800 4800
40 mph 6500 5200
50 mph 7000 6500
60 mph 8500 8200

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Exactly what I am looking for. I found that thread in my search (actually use the search feature)...lol) but did not read far enough into it.
Will get number on my end and post them up for comparison when I get back.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thank MoKRX, you saved me from pulling up my old data from the "High RPM Fix" thread. That was done on asphalt and with moderated throttle input. with and without primary spring installed. I've pulled the springs on 3 different KRXs and everyone loves the lowered noise and rpms.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank MoKRX, you saved me from pulling up my old data from the "High RPM Fix" thread. That was done on asphalt and with moderated throttle input. with and without primary spring installed. I've pulled the springs on 3 different KRXs and everyone loves the lowered noise and rpms.
So does the primary spring needs to be taken off. I have the ecu flashed and 35's on it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
this covers the gains you get by removing the primary spring, which is like a 30 minute job.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not a problem and hope you wasn't offended I forwarded your data. As for rpm, I'd like to do some clutch mods to lower the rpm even more. I'm on the list for RCOR weights and from what I gather, they give you good low end and then drops a few rpm in the mid which is what I want. If you have any other ideas, please share.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts

67 mph limiter is right around 9500 rpm. All stock.

·
Registered
94 Posts
NFA,
This is probably what you need. These comparisons are with and without the primary spring installed on a stock KRX.
Approximate RPM's before and after:

speed before after
5 mph 3000 3000
15 mph 4500 4000
20 mph 5000 4500
30 mph 5800 4800
40 mph 6500 5200
50 mph 7000 6500
60 mph 8500 8200
Thanks. Great Info. Any draw back with springs out? More wear and tear on belt? Slippage? Etc. TIA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Less engine braking is the most noticeable draw back.
So really the advantage to removing it is lower rpms through midrange. And would you recommend doing it. I have the right coast off-road clutch and the ecu flashed with 35’s and dual exhaust.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
My thoughts are you did all those mods. You’re not stock who can say. Run tests as you are now. Then pull the primary spring run the same tests and share with all. We would all benefit from your testing.
But maybe someone will say yes go for it or no.

Reactions: Jraoffroad

·
Registered
299 Posts
Paul nailed it. The 35's may need the higher RPM and I believe the Right coast weights are lighter than stock. You'll just have to give it a try. It works well for me because are trail speeds low but we have to run a lot of roads to get around. I can use low more in the trails and cruise in high with out it screaming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paul nailed it. The 35's may need the higher RPM and I believe the Right coast weights are lighter than stock. You'll just have to give it a try. It works well for me because are trail speeds low but we have to run a lot of roads to get around. I can use low more in the trails and cruise in high with out it screaming.
I will try it both ways and see if one or another is beneficial. I do a lot of trail riding and some rock crawling. Thanks for the info

1 - 18 of 18 Posts