Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the KRX 1000 ES.Is it normal for it to run at 5000 rpm's when I'm doing a mere 20 mph? It seems like the engine is begging me to shift, but is this normal? Since it has 3 miles on the engine, I'm trying to be cautious and careful on break in, and want to do everything correctly. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
68 mph gets you 9300 rpm! This thing is a screamer but if you want to lower cruising rpm’s a little, you can remove the primary clutch spring.

Reactions: Krx King

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
They are high revving engines for sure. I would NOT be removing the primary spring. It's there for a reason. Damn sure don't remove it while under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are high revving engines for sure. I would NOT be removing the primary spring. It's there for a reason. Damn sure don't remove it while under warranty.
Definitely not... I just dropped way too much money to be playing around like that. Now that I understand that it's designed to rev high, I'm good!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Definitely not... I just dropped way too much money to be playing around like that. Now that I understand that it's designed to rev high, I'm good!!
Haha the first time I drove mine, was at home I never even tried it out other then my dad driving it up on the trailer while I was doing paperwork, I thought I broke the thing or something was seriosly wrong. Put it in Low Power mode and it quiets it down quite a bit

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just bought the KRX 1000 ES.Is it normal for it to run at 5000 rpm's when I'm doing a mere 20 mph? It seems like the engine is begging me to shift, but is this normal? Since it has 3 miles on the engine, I'm trying to be cautious and careful on break in, and want to do everything correctly. Thanks for the help in advance.
high range or low range at 20 mph? i've honestly never paid attention other than during the break in period- where is the only time i ever had the "low power" switch turned on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
high range or low range at 20 mph? i've honestly never paid attention other than during the break in period- where is the only time i ever had the "low power" switch turned on.
High range, full power.... apparently this is normal for these machines, as I've read other posts concerning same issue,,,, lots of folks recommend removing primary spring to cut down on noise and rpms at cruising speeds of 20 to 40 mph

·
Registered
247 Posts
High range, full power.... apparently this is normal for these machines, as I've read other posts concerning same issue,,,, lots of folks recommend removing primary spring to cut down on noise and rpms at cruising speeds of 20 to 40 mph
I too would rather NOT remove the spring but if you'd like, you can look into clutch weight and spring kits. They can also tame the high revs.... I've not yet looked into it myself. eS with warranty as well....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just a heads up. The ES displays higher rpm than it’s actually going. It’s generous by 500-600 rpm.

Find a bone stock ES and pin it. It’ll show 10,000 rpm on the numeric digital readout. However this is not true based off obd emulation data from the ecu.

Mph/Speed when in the dual analog digital gauges is also 5 mph generous.

This only applies to the ES model

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just a heads up. The ES displays higher rpm than it’s actually going. It’s generous by 500-600 rpm.

Find a bone stock ES and pin it. It’ll show 10,000 rpm on the numeric digital readout. However this is not true based off obd emulation data from the ecu.

Mph/Speed when in the dual analog digital gauges is also 5 mph generous.

This only applies to the ES model
On my eS even with the regular meter screen it displays 3-5mph faster than actual speed. Based on those speed trap radar displays as well as my gps. Stock tires.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I take it this is something can be corrected with tune? I'm not in the market, but just wondering. Factory warranty. Extended as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am under warranty and i removed the spring. runs much better and is not beating my motor to death. If something goes wrong just put it back in. Very easy. Best mod i ever did. Clutch kits are not going to do the same.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am under warranty and i removed the spring. runs much better and is not beating my motor to death. If something goes wrong just put it back in. Very easy. Best mod i ever did. Clutch kits are not going to do the same.
How is your engine braking? Same? Affected any?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Bizill I've got 2000 miles on KRX(s) all depends on your riding terrain, but I'm going to pull the spring on the eS I have. I put 500-600 miles with no spring, on my prior KRX and it runs great without them.

Hard core rock crawling or dunes should leave the spring in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts