Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
107 Posts
I took pics of the mount a while back and posted them on here but can’t find them right now. Anyway, I welded a metal plate to the frame behind the plastic firewall then bolted a Rotopax mount to that. I machined a UHMW block to straighten up the mount and get jug to sit how I want it. You can easily get to it and remove by sliding seat forward.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000
13 Posts
Looking for ideas to mount roto-pax fuel containers to each side of the roll bar. Photos with what hardware would be awesome!
I made brackets for behind the seats and the cans fit underneath the storage bags. Works great. If the cans were ever to leak it would not drip on the hot exhaust and start a fire. I use a rotopak and if you make sure that the cap seal is good and make sure to burp them once in a while they won't leak The weak point on the paks is the seal.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you drill it into the frame? Or did you add some sort of bracket to the plastic it’s mounted on? I would like to add the box and the fuel can like you did.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Did you drill it into the frame? Or did you add some sort of bracket to the plastic it’s mounted on? I would like to add the box and the fuel can like you did.
I pulled the bed and put rivetnuts in the bed frame crossmembers then bolted through

·
Registered
435 Posts
Information on those two items? What size of the packout? What's the size of gas can? How do you mount the gas can?
You need to look up Milwaukee packouts and just choose what you like. With the Jerry cans... they are a standard size, they’ll fit with the Milwaukee cooler and the other similarly sized box. With that combination, a Jerry can can fit on both sides. A small 20 quart Yeti or Rtic cooler will also allow jerry cans on both sides.

The packout in the pic with the 4 wheeler rack fuel cell is a the medium packout and the fuel cell is now made by koplin for 4 wheeler racks. I think it’s 4 -4.5 gallons.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts