Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my tires rotated front to rear and even balanced at the local tire shop today

Every employee was oogling over the machine.

600 miles had the rears wearing faster than the front OEM tires.

front Brake pads still had 4-5 mm left.

Be sure to Rotate your Tires for even wear!

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
881 Posts
I rotate mine every 200-250 miles or so. The rears definitely wear faster then the fronts.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Running in 2WD will wear out the rears quicker. Will get better tire wear in 4WD. Balancing is not really needed on these things IMO

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well while the rig was at the tire shop I figured might as well balance the front set. I do mostly fast logging road and pavement driving. only cost $16 a tire so why not...........

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
698 Posts
Well while the rig was at the tire shop I figured might as well balance the front set. I do mostly fast logging road and pavement driving. only cost $16 a tire so why not...........
What types of weights did the use? Stick on or around the edge? I’ve always wanted to balance mine too but concerned for the mud scraper in the wheels to hit the weights.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
233 Posts
Yea these definitely need frequent rotations. I usually run 2wd unless I truly need 4wd so the rears wear faster. I've done three rotations and I'm at 450 miles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
These tires wear so fast traditional tire weights are good for a couple hundred miles. Thats about it...

If you really need balancing look into balancing beads and skip the weights

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
698 Posts
Yea these definitely need frequent rotations. I usually run 2wd unless I truly need 4wd so the rears wear faster. I've done three rotations and I'm at 450 miles.
I’m at 460 haven’t rotated once yet. Rears are about 2mm less tread than fronts. I honestly hate these tires. (Carnivores)

·
Registered
416 Posts
The locked read axle doesn't help tire wear. We run mostly 2x drive because it is a bit more fun to drive on tight twisty trails.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you feel it shaking while driving it on the road because you had balanced the tires? l agree with you 100% about rotating the wheels/tires absolutely l will have to do mine soon, the rears are getting worn big time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts