Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Kawasaki "see-through" OEM roof. We went for a ride in Colorado the last few days and it rained and hailed on us. One thing I noticed is that it would nice to have "rain gutters" on the sides of the roof--the water would collect and then poor down off the roll bar.

Anybody have a solution to this issue? Is there some way to buy/build a rain gutter for this roof's sides?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
I have the sport roof don’t have that problem. You might need to fabricate something or get the door enclosures.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the Premium KQR roof like yours and yes it would be nice if they had designed rain gutters into them. The worse part is when you've been stopped and the water collects on the roof and then you start to move and get all that water running down the sides and into the cab. I haven't found a fix for it unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
Reactions: drmdwebb

·
Registered
2020 KRX
300 Posts
That's exactly why I bought the EMP roof. Last year we rained on pretty bad in Moab and swore I wanted a roof with gutters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Kawasaki "see-through" OEM roof. We went for a ride in Colorado the last few days and it rained and hailed on us. One thing I noticed is that it would nice to have "rain gutters" on the sides of the roof--the water would collect and then poor down off the roll bar.

Anybody have a solution to this issue? Is there some way to buy/build a rain gutter for this roof's sides?
You could consider going to an Axiom aluminum roof. It is made with side gutters. I had one on my old 900s and it worked great. I'm now wishing I would have gone with one on my KRX instead of the sport roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts