Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Helper, UT to put hands on the KRX4 today. It’s the unit Rocky Mountain ATV/MC will be using to mock up all their accessories so I couldn’t buy it.:cry:

The door seam cracks were very prominent and one of the rear seat back tabs were missing so the seat back slid all over the place. Some of the fit and finish on the plastics left something to be desired as well, but nothing you don’t see on any other brand. I was told it would be another month or two before they would get a unit that wouldn’t be a demo and could be sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I gave that thought as well. What did it for me was I dont ride dunes but if I want to I can, just not fast. If I want fast I can do a charger kit. Toughness and build of KRX because I hate fixing stuff over n over. We choose Kawa. I have had KRX and 2 T4's so I may be biased!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave that thought as well. What did it for me was I dont ride dunes but if I want to I can, just not fast. If I want fast I can do a charger kit. Toughness and build of KRX because I hate fixing stuff over n over. We choose Kawa. I have had KRX and 2 T4's so I may be biased!
I actually mistyped earlier. We are looking at the Turbo R4. The big catch for us is the KRX won’t fit in our garage with 35s, hight wise, but the Turbo R will.

The T4 came out two weeks after we bought our XP4 and I was bummed, so maybe I’m just fixated on righting a non turbo wrong from the past.😂 If we get the KRX4 I was going to do the supercharger right away. My wife didn’t think taking a chainsaw to the garage is the best call though. I’m not sure why.🤔

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, loved it. I have kids so I traded it for Defender max (junk) then Yamaha Rmax4 which I sold. I ordered Krx4 of course. I loved the control, comfort and tough reliability of krx. Power was strong but it was slow honestly. Rmax4 faster. I can live with that though. KRX dislikes were some heat in cab, noise and darn drain plugs. Clutching weights and charger could fix that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, loved it. I have kids so I traded it for Defender max (junk) then Yamaha Rmax4 which I sold. I ordered Krx4 of course. I loved the control, comfort and tough reliability of krx. Power was strong but it was slow honestly. Rmax4 faster. I can live with that though. KRX dislikes were some heat in cab, noise and darn drain plugs. Clutching weights and charger could fix that.
Sounds like a KRX4 with a supercharger and a clutch kit would be the dream machine! We only have one kid left at home and she’s at the too cool for time with parents age so we’re mostly looking to stay with a 4 seater for the dogs and the wheelbase.

I hope to see pics of yours soon and hear what you think about it! We have about a month to make up our minds on what we will get. I’m sure we will get the benefit of hearing some KRX4 reviews by then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Or, run a decent size tire...... 35's just don't really do anything for these machines, other than the "look at me, I have 35's" trip... LOL
They do quite a bit when you go to Moab regularly. I know they aren’t “necessary”, but neither are the machines themselves in most cases.😂

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
They do quite a bit when you go to Moab regularly. I know they aren’t “necessary”, but neither are the machines themselves in most cases.😂
Once or twice a year is about as regular as I can get out to Moab. Have yet to need anything larger than my 32's. Shoot, guess I don't even need 32's. I've ridden all the same trails on my ATV with 26" tires... :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
Our own local Nostradamus of the forum speaks... We all bow to your all knowing wisdom. :ROFLMAO:

Good to know that you value what I have to say so much that you search out my every post. LOL Don't know if I have made one that you haven't commented on since you joined us. Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit. There's not many posts here that you haven't commented on. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Our own local Nostradamus of the forum speaks... We all bow to your all knowing wisdom. :ROFLMAO:

Good to know that you value what I have to say so much that you search out my every post. LOL Don't know if I have made one that you haven't commented on since you joined us. Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit. There's not many posts here that you haven't commented on. :LOL:
I look toward you for enlightenment. I also have daddy issues. You are my role model.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
I look toward you for enlightenment. I also have daddy issues. You are my role model.
We all know that admitting you have a problem is the first step towards overcoming it. lol
Gotta keep things light. If someone gets revved up over things they read on a forum then what's the point of visiting? Except for me. I have to visit. That's my job. That's what they pay me for... I need a raise. LOL Maybe Speedyg will will donate some of his forum pay to me. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts