Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
One thing about letting the RZR guide, you don't have to worry about whatever trail he leads you on. He will never guide you anywhere you can't go... lol
Yeah this was one of the leaders "Tourist Rides" for new people in the RV Resort to meet others and see a bit of the local area. We have quite a few different riding groups in the park from those who want to just enjoy the desert scenery to those want to take on the most challenging trails. There are no riders or drivers one would call young and wild.in any of the groups. One of the SOB owners had to spend so bucks on an aftermarket front differ as his front diff did not have a locked feature. His group was doing trails where he was having to get winched often.

This stop was at Knife Rock petroglyphs and educational learning about the early Indians in the area. The next was an area with mortars in hard rock where they ground ore and flower. We have found broken pieces of clay pots in this area, we have hidden them there to show newbies on tour. We do not feel that it is our right to take them home with us. They are part of history that belongs in the area. It would be interesting to have some carbon dating done.

We also tell newbies about Bob Ward's story.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've hiked Peralta trail about 10 yrs ago, but haven't been back in that area since.
What permits (if any) are required to ride back there?
How are the trails?
Lots of good trails to ride. You need besides the off road tag, a State land us yearly permit. It is not expensive.

(

New Turks Head is one of my favor stops. Superstition Mountains up close and personal.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have those. We're going to try for Sunday.
Thx.
Next time you guys go out on a group ride on a weekend let me know, I'm just a few miles away.
There is a good hill on Quartz Ridge. I dropped a marker on it. Do you have other rigs you are riding with? I do not usually ride on week-ends, however the weather is not looking to bad, I could join you and show you around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts