Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
220 Posts
Required reading for the special club:

• Haha
Reactions: BobX2

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,555 Posts
Still trying to figure out why a backup camera is needed/wanted??? Guess I'm just too old school. I turn my head to look behind me and use my mirrors. :LOL: Hell, the only thing I use my backup camera on my car and truck for is so I don't hit the car or wall behind me when backing into a parking space. Sometimes I still just do it by brail. :) With the KRX that's not a problem.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
We just get them from a Kawasaki dealer for best price? Want them for the KRX eS now.

$75 with lead time at dealers, $100 on ebay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Still trying to figure out why a backup camera is needed/wanted??? Guess I'm just too old school. I turn my head to look behind me and use my mirrors. :LOL: Hell, the only thing I use my backup camera on my car and truck for is so I don't hit the car or wall behind me when backing into a parking space. Sometimes I still just do it by brail. :) With the KRX that's not a problem.
I'll come over and install one for you and then you use it on the trails. Report back to me if your mind has/n't changed...

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
220 Posts
He lives where trees don't.

Reactions: SMarshall

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,555 Posts
How/where do you guys ride that you have to back up so often? I back out of the garage, off the trailer and back out of camp (sometimes).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
How/where do you guys ride that you have to back up so often? I back out of the garage, off the trailer and back out of camp (sometimes).
Having the camera used to be really handy when riding in a group of 15 sxs's. Don't care for that anymore but rest/beverage breaks would cause us to be packed like sardines at times. Camera really came in handy then. Front camera, not so much. Front camera is "just because we can". I never really used it, though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You'll want a front camera if you load up on one of these with no spotter......

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have a rear camera, but I can see where it would be nice. I have a 5th wheel so I understand the philosophy because I wouldn't drive anywhere without it. Seeing who is behind you in your blind spots and knowing when you can pull back in on a pass is awesome.

I can maybe see someone following me with the rearview mirror otherwise it's just for show LOL. We did however take the narrow side mirrors off and go with the tall vertical ones. I found with the narrow mirrors I could either see where my back tire was or behind me but not both. Now I can see both, the only problem is they are not made as well. So don't buy the Kawasaki ones if you want premium quality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I don't have a rear camera, but I can see where it would be nice. I have a 5th wheel so I understand the philosophy because I wouldn't drive anywhere without it. Seeing who is behind you in your blind spots and knowing when you can pull back in on a pass is awesome.

I can maybe see someone following me with the rearview mirror otherwise it's just for show LOL. We did however take the narrow side mirrors off and go with the tall vertical ones. I found with the narrow mirrors I could either see where my back tire was or behind me but not both. Now I can see both, the only problem is they are not made as well. So don't buy the Kawasaki ones if you want premium quality.
Form vs. Function debate for sure. I had the tall mirrors on my RZR when I bought it. Ugly as sin but useful. Went to Seizmik and they are good looking, but not AS useful.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts