Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, had my old RZR decked out and now I gotta start all over. I'll probably donate sperm to be able to afford anything. But being that I'm getting older, they'll probably tell me, "thank you, but no thank you" and I'll have to come up with alternative means of making money.:rolleyes::p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's just it, when I'd do super bumpy or rock climbing rides I'd always have the stabilizer bar disconnected on my RZR and it was way more plush than any live valving could offer but maybe I'll be proven wrong. Just got it home yesterday and haven't even broken anything in. Just went around the block slowly. Haven't read the manual yet so not sure if it needs a specific break in so obviously no trails yet.

I will be missing all my upgrades on the RZR I did. But Polaris makes crap imho. Looking forward to this unit and being able to rely on my machine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May as well ask here real quick before I start to search, which is against proper forum etiquette but here we go anyway...

First thing I notice when starting her up at the dealership is that the brakes simply suck and don't stop the machine unless I put 200 lbs of my fat ass on the brake pedal. Did ya'lls' do the same and then wear in or did they bite quick and hard?

·
Registered
102 Posts
May as well ask here real quick before I start to search, which is against proper forum etiquette but here we go anyway...

First thing I notice when starting her up at the dealership is that the brakes simply suck and don't stop the machine unless I put 200 lbs of my fat ass on the brake pedal. Did ya'lls' do the same and then wear in or did they bite quick and hard?
Mine are the same. Will mention it to dealer when it goes in for its first service in 2 weeks.

Reactions: Bizill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe assemblers forget to degrease and then pads get soaked and need time to burn out the grease? Never heard of brakes needing to break in. Brake seating is one thing but that's different. Weird. I hope they get better because no way in hell this will stop the machine on an incline or decline. I'll probably bend the brake pedal first. But we'll see. I've only got 5 miles on it and not even 1/2 mile is from me as I got it last night and only driven around the block.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
160 Posts
Bed the brakes in and they get better but still not great. There is a 20 hour or 120 mile break in procedure, iirc.

Reactions: AdamB and Bizill

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
220 Posts
I thought the brakes sucked at first. I think they just need to be bedded in and they work much better. Like 98whitelightnin said, still not what I'd call great.

Reactions: Bizill

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,555 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Your brakes will/should improve. Seems like pretty much everyone mentions poor brakes when the machine is new. I know I can stop mine anywhere, anytime with no extra effort involved.
Disconnect the front sway bar and forget about it. As you figured out with your RZR, that's the best mod you can do for your machine. It does the same for the KRX that it did for your rzr. It doesn't matter what you have for shocks, disconnecting the bar will be an improvement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Your brakes will/should improve. Seems like pretty much everyone mentions poor brakes when the machine is new. I know I can stop mine anywhere, anytime with no extra effort involved.
Disconnect the front sway bar and forget about it. As you figured out with your RZR, that's the best mod you can do for your machine. It does the same for the KRX that it did for your rzr. It doesn't matter what you have for shocks, disconnecting the bar will be an improvement.
I'm guessing it shouldn't really confuse the KECS live valve system... and I'm ASSuming Kawasaki wouldn't know and it won't void any warranty, 6 mo or extended.... so long as I bolt it back on.....?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL You have your own "special club"? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Secrete hand shakes and all that? LOL
:cool::p
Fuck yeah, already I'm amongst the "initiated"! Freemasons have cryptic handshakes, I guess we will too if I were to come across one of you mofo's out on the trails? Actually one of our riding buddies getting rid of his Yamaha YXZ for his KRX eS so we've got twin vehicles/unicorns and we'll be travelling in our 2 car pack. I'll verse him on the new eS clan secret society handshakes....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts