Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX
58 Posts
I really don't think I would go back to the traditional 4 point after using these Kawi ones. I do a lot of riding in Moab and there are lots of times when you need to see where a tire is at. These give the ability to move without having to unbuckle. Overall these are great and well made harnesses.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone heard of a factory safety recall on the harnesses? One dealer mentioned it, but others haven't heard anything? I've got a set to pickup next week

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed mine before I put any miles on the machine. Locks you down when you need it and allows movement when you don't. I wouldn't hesitate doing it again. I got an open box kit for 400 shipped on E-bay. Only snag in the installation is the two screws in the back panel near two cut outs. Remove those and cut outside the lines in the plastics and everything will fit the 1st time!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was calling around dealers to see who had a set in stock. One dealer mentioned it. I'm picking up the seatbelts today from another dealer, and will grill them hard for information before I bolt them on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Installation is pretty straight foward. Take out a pound of plastic push pins an dozen screws and a dozen bolts, then comes the cutting... and bolt it all back together. You'll be glad you got these. They rock!

·
Registered
44 Posts

These are the middle cuts. The two outside cuts you see in this picture have a recessed spot for a screw. You wont need those screws after you install the brackets so just remove them because they'll get in your way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got the twin bags from PRP that fit behind the seats, and I may sell them if access is blocked by the belt bar.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finished mounting them up today, Deranged off-road has the best tutorial video.............rotor file in a die grinder is the only way to do the cutting.........trim all the "line material" away. cut about 1/8" outside the marked line indicator. Air tools make the torquing of the big bolts go in a rapid pace.

I've learn to hate all the pop rivets. I have a special tool on order.

While the seats and interior is out, I'm pulling rear turn signal wire for street legal lighting.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
58 Posts
Yea I used that video also it was great. Make sure you check the stitching on the belts per the safety bulletin..

·
Registered
2020 KRX
58 Posts
I got one from Rocky Mountain ATV for the oem Kawi harnesses. There is stitching that needs to be checked in certain areas. Not sure if I can attach but i'll try in a few.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts