Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 KRX with 1800 miles on it. The throttle response and overall power of the machine does not seem as good as it should be. Has anyone else noticed a loss in power and response over time? Wondering if anyone has done any clutch work to correct the problem? Let me know what you’ve experienced with your machines.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do you have a tune? If not, getting one will give you an immediate big boost in throttle response. Also, your accelerator cable could be in need of adjustment. The KRX is drive by wire but there is a short cable from the pedal to the sensor under the dash that can need adjustment. RCOR clutch weights and a Gboost belt also made a difference in "takeoff".

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
255 Posts
There is an issue with the throttle cable stretching and you not being able to achieve WOT.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
255 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
Great tip, hadn't seen it before, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 1911cdp

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
I'l now address the clutch question. Remove your CVT cover and blow everything out. I do mine every 200 miles. With machine in neutral rotate your primary and look for obvious stuff.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
300 Posts
+1 what Paul65 said. Really get the air nozzle into the clutch weights and inner workings of the clutch components. Also a good time to clean the sheaves with some scotch brite pads and some rubbing alcohol.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2020 KRX with 1800 miles on it. The throttle response and overall power of the machine does not seem as good as it should be. Has anyone else noticed a loss in power and response over time? Wondering if anyone has done any clutch work to correct the problem? Let me know what you’ve experienced with your machines.
I added a Dalton clutch kit, that made a big difference . I also have 35" warrior tires for the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts