Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was powerless over Polaris and my SXS became unmanageable!!:D Just sold my 2016 XP Turbo and looking for my next toy. We do So. Calif trails and desert. Really like what I am hearing about KRX. How much am i going to miss my old Turbo?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The KRX is a big heavy machine, as it is built like a brick sheet house. For trails, open desert and rock crawling, the KRX is a great machine. If you do dunes (Glamis or Dumont), you will be disappointed in the KRX's power to weight ratio. Don't get me wrong, she'll still do it all, but in the big bowls and the giant dunes, you will really need to focus on picking the right lines and keeping your momentum up. For dunes, go with a turbo'd machine. Everything else...KRX.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
296 Posts
It's simple, If your wanting another turbo machine,. Buy another turbo machine. If you don't want another turbo, the krx will not disappoint in any other way.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,462 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Just know that you will have about 1/2 the power you are used to. The KRX, in my opinion, is a much better machine in every other way. It will out perform the XP Turbo everywhere except in a drag race or in the dunes.
I would highly recommend you test ride one somewhere before you lay down the money for one. It has all the power you need for everything it was designed to do, but it doesn't have the excessive power of a turbo machine. The suspension allows it to keep up with the high HP machines on the trails, and will leave them behind when the going gets really tough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The KRX is a big heavy machine, as it is built like a brick sheet house. For trails, open desert and rock crawling, the KRX is a great machine. If you do dunes (Glamis or Dumont), you will be disappointed in the KRX's power to weight ratio. Don't get me wrong, she'll still do it all, but in the big bowls and the giant dunes, you will really need to focus on picking the right lines and keeping your momentum up. For dunes, go with a turbo'd machine. Everything else...KRX.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have been to glamis one time in the last 10 years. A bit of a gladiator festival anymore these days so I stay away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a RZR XP Turbo, drove my friend's KRX, then quickly sold the RZR and never looked back. I don't do dunes or drag race. I do mountain roads/trails and Moab. I love the KRX more than the RZR for many reasons. I"m very happy with the choice.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
90 Posts
I came from a 2021 Yamaha "recreation class" machine. IMHO, the KRX is much more versatile and capable. It's a phenomenal ride when operated within engineered parameters. And it's easy to wrench on. I have no regrets whatsoever.

Reactions: chilidipper

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
If you are concerned about power and acceleration then review some of the other threads on engine mods, tuner, clutching, and my favorite Kraftwerks supercharger. It may be slower than the rest of the machines out there but you'll be happy to pass everyone when the stuff gets rough and the whoops get deep or the rocks need crawling. You'll find yourself forgetting where your spare belt is and how to change it. If you abuse your machines then there is no other choice, if you are the best driver this machine will make you look great, and if you are sick of having to upgrade parts because you bent a rod or arm on a hidden rock then the KRX is the only choice.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
The responses you’ve received pretty much covered it.

The highs are suspension and clutching and steering. The low is it’s big and heavy with 112 naturally aspirated horsepower.

The KRX is built very well. For me, there’s nothing to upgrade. It’s easy to work on. Fluid changes and blowing out the CVT are a breeze. First time I did a brake job I was amazed it took longer to remove the wheels than to change the pads. I’m 100% happy with my choice of machine.

Watch this video one time. If you don’t have a lot of time - or if you’re showing it to someone and they get bored - jump to the 10:15 mark. Cracks me up every time.

Reactions: Tyekay2390
1 - 10 of 10 Posts