Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never had one, but any recommendations?
I have a 4 gpm 4000 psi Northern no
Never had one, but any recommendations?
I have a 4 gpm 4000 psi unit from Northern Tool. It has a Cat pump Honda engine. 15 years old with average use and no problems starts first pull every time. I run 91 non alcohol fuel in all of my small engines. What ever you buy never let fuel set in the carb bowel for long periods of time. When I get done using mine with the water still on I shut the fuel off and let it run till it dies. Stale gas in carbs = Problems! Quality last long after the price payed is forgotten. When you buy one get a foam canon. You will love it for cleaning your sxs

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
Another thing that I do with any of my single cylinder engines power equipment (four cycle) that I have is when I put them away until the next use, I rotate the engine until you can feel resistance of the compression stroke then both the intake and exhaust valves are closed. This way moisture can't make its way into the combustion chamber and cylinder and the tension on both valve springs are relieved to the installed height of the springs. I always use non ethanol fuel and drain the carburetors of any fuel and drain any water from the water pump during cold weather storage.
That way you have no problems the next time you put the unit back in service.

·
Registered
870 Posts
We have a Honda Electric start GX390 powered unit with about 120' of hose that does about 4K psi IIRC. It is about 12 years old and still works fine (the motor, the pump has needed somemTLC). I decided to add a small Ryobi 120 GX 2800 psi unit to the mix last year. I it use a lot more because it is so much easier to wheel around and covers about 80% of what we use the bigger unit for. A few days ago I used the Ryobi on an excavator that had some pretty old nasty baked on grease on its arm just to see how it worked and it came out pretty good. It wasn't as good or fast as the bigger Honda though. The bigger unit will cut wood and instantly remove decals if your not careful.. The Ryobi is the definite go to for UTVs, cars. Still out on the HF engines opinion wise.We have three HF gensets that have been OK so far. One is a bigger 420cc 9500 watt model.Harbor Freight does completely suck, in my opinion, if you need parts or competent technical information/support on their engines.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,071 Posts
For washing outside toys like the KRX, I'm completely happy with an electric pressure washer like this one. I have a receptacle beside my well so connecting the power cord is not inconvenient, I already have to connect the garden hose.

I bought mine used from an estate sale for $40. It has enough power to peel the decals off, so I still have to be careful. I've used it to pressure wash my vinyl siding and it worked well for that. Obviously this is a personal preference and I'd never knock professional quality tools. I'm just saying this works for me, and its cheap enough.

They make a better more expensive one, I'm just not sure I can justify spending that much to wash outdoor toys.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts