Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 year. Concrete contractor so it gets used. I have old power trowel with HB 6.5 hp engine going on 12 years strong. Also friend has a log splitter with HB 8hp 15 years old and does over 100 cords a year every year until recent. So honda clone engines have been very good to us. With pressure washer it is the pumps that go out. Cat is the best followed by General and Italian anorivoribi?? or something like that. I ran General pump for years and it still does but needs a rebuild as its weak. HB is a cheap General pump I think?

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
571 Posts
I got rid of my gasoline pressure washer in favor of an elcheapo electric ryobi, it was on sale for $65 at home depot a few months back

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
518 Posts
I have a pressure washer which I bought from Costco many years ago. I have used it extensively over the years. It has a Honda GX200 6.5 engine and a General 2500 psi pump. You can't go wrong with a pressure washer that have these components as they are commercial grade units.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
518 Posts
Honda Motor, CAT pump.
Agreed also but. Just make sure the Honda engine is a GX model not a GC as the GC model is residential grade engine with a cog belt driven single lobe plastic camshaft.
Big difference in durability and longevity between the two series of engines. Just because it says Honda on the engine doesn't mean that it will last for a long time.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
518 Posts
Here is a comparison of a GC series plastic single lobe camshaft that is cog belt driven off of the crankshaft and a GX series two lobe metal camshaft which is gear driven off of the crank shaft. There are many more differences in quality and durability between these two series of Honda engines.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Blue
185 Posts
I am looking for longevity......
The key to longevity is breaking in the engine and pump. Run it for 15, 30 and 45 minutes, changing the engine and pump oil after each run. Drain the oils into a shallow pan and you'll see the sparkly metal shavings coming out in the oil. Then change the oils annually or more often with frequent use.
After each use, drain the hose and wand. For seasonal storage, add Sta-Bil to the gas then run the engine for a few minutes, fill the pump with a good quality pump saver and store the unit where it won't freeze. Gas is a whole nother topic, but I only burn 91 octane no ethanol in all my 2 & 4 stroke small engines. Your results may vary.....
My pressure washer is a Rigid with a Subaru engine and Cat pump. 14 years and going strong.

Reactions: Desertduler

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
518 Posts
The key to longevity is breaking in the motor and pump. Run it for 15, 30 and 45 minutes, changing the engine and pump oil after each run. Drain the oils into a shallow pan and you'll see the sparkly metal shavings coming out in the oil. Then change the oils annually or more often with frequent use.
After each use, drain the hose and wand. For seasonal storage, add Sta-Bil to the gas then run the engine for a few minutes, fill the pump with a good quality pump saver and store the unit where it won't freeze. Gas is a whole nother topic, but I only burn 91 octane no ethanol in all my 2 & 4 stroke small engines. Your results may vary.....
My pressure washer is a Ridgid with a Subaru motor and a Cat pump. 14 years and going strong.
Those little Subaru engines are first rate commercial grade engines along with Cat pumps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a troybuilt from Home Depot that’s lasted about 8 years so far. It’s seen average use I’d guess.

One thing I do is run it out of gas every time and never leave any sitting in the tank. It cranks first or second pull with no issues.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts