Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back yesterday COVERED in fine dust, and wan't even following anyone.

You could physically see the dust blowing forward from side doors and in from the back.

For Note:

I run a Tusk 1/2 windshield, and have a roof.

question is how a solid rear windshield/windscreen would help with aerodynamics.

Anyone with first hand observations and experience on how much a rear screen cuts down dust?

on ebay they're $150

Any other suggested vendors? I gotta cut the dust in 1/2.... Call me Mr Dirty Face.

Krx Dirty Face.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like a PITA to install...............plus I have factory retractable 6 point harnesses which could really restrict access to the lower clamps and bulb seal......

uggg,, not sure if this add-on is worth it, looks TIGHT pain to get it to fit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I feel back windshield hurt me worse in air flow..
Created kind of a back draft.
The OEM half windshield up front has helped tremendously to push air flow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
this works great.. I also posted a how to make one easy..

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
247 Posts
I got back yesterday COVERED in fine dust, and wan't even following anyone.

You could physically see the dust blowing forward from side doors and in from the back.

For Note:

I run a Tusk 1/2 windshield, and have a roof.

question is how a solid rear windshield/windscreen would help with aerodynamics.

Anyone with first hand observations and experience on how much a rear screen cuts down dust?

on ebay they're $150

Any other suggested vendors? I gotta cut the dust in 1/2.... Call me Mr Dirty Face.

View attachment 717
I had this problem too! Not to mention all the dirt in my ears. I bought some neck gaiters from amazon and man they work wonders. Cheap too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a tusk rear window,its cuts down on dust a lot,i could not run without it or i would be covered in dust,i have a satv front tilt up windshield .

·
Built For Battle
60 Posts
We've got one for you! Hit me up if you're interested, and I'll get you the member discount code.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So SuperATV can you describe the air flow with a 1/2 windshield? inward or out flowing?

·
Registered
167 Posts
a back windscreen works good with the back draft dust when using a half windshield .. also a windshield screen works great.. if not better.. I have tried them both. If you don't want to make your own the this company will sell you one..
Kawasaki KRX 1000 when its hot out you can't beat a screen if you plan to run with out a helmet!

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Take off the windshield and wear some goggles or a helmet. This is what I do and I have no dust. Windshield goes on when it's winter and there's snow since no dust.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
247 Posts
Take off the windshield and wear some goggles or a helmet. This is what I do and I have no dust. Windshield goes on when it's winter and there's snow since no dust.
This is exactly what I do. I went to the dunes for about 2-3 hours riding hard with my old lady no windshield, very minimal dust.

·
Built For Battle
60 Posts
So SuperATV can you describe the air flow with a 1/2 windshield? inward or out flowing?
I'm about 5' 10" and its perfect for me. I get the airflow I want and stay cool, but no bugs to the face. I'm a big fan of the flip, personally. Full open, full closed, or vented. I really only have it closed in the winter or when its raining. The rear will definitely cut down on the amount of dust in the cab. Not 100%, but very noticeable and effective.

·
Registered
58 Posts
349 for that? Might as well not run one at all.
Yah, I guess I don't really see the point. Wont keep wind off you, won't keep rain/water off you. I suppose it does keep mud and debris off, and wont create the vortex that pulls dust in, but.......

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
247 Posts
Yah, I guess I don't really see the point. Wont keep wind off you, won't keep rain/water off you. I suppose it does keep mud and debris off, and wont create the vortex that pulls dust in, but.......
Most mud that comes in through the cab was from my front tires that flung in through the doors openings. Front mostly bugs, very little dust.

·
Registered
2020 KRX 1000 "Green Goblin"
34 Posts
From what I have noticed most of the dust comes up from under and behind the seats. We have alot of clay and sand here and when its dry its VERY dusty. There is a kit from Kawi that has rubber mats under the seats and some weather strip for the doors. Im going to make my own for under the seats when I get a chance. Heres a link to the Kawi kit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts