Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full front windshield w/vents and I'm wondering if adding a rear windshield is the ticket to stopping the dust?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think you will be able to stop it. You can only reduce it with a rear windscreen or windshield along with plugging up any cab holes. Doesn't matter if you have vents or not.

I gave up on having a windshield unless it's wet/snowy out. Much less dust with no windshield and wearing goggles/helmets.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I run a 1/2 windshield with roof and the full coverage soft rear window cuts dust down dramatically and lowers noise slightly too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nothing helps.. I'm really disappointed in this machine in this regard. My RzR while dusty much was reduced by having a Ryfab windiow with a vent. I currently have EMP window that has vents that are so small they are useless. Back window does not cut down any dust in my experience. I have plugged like virtually every hole which can actually make it worse by creating negative cabin pressure. I just took off full windshield and left rear window and after a mid to high speed 86 mile trail ride, there was virtually no dust. I am hoping that RyFab will build a front window with LARGE vents and fold down.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nothing helps.. I'm really disappointed in this machine in this regard. My RzR while dusty much was reduced by having a Ryfab windiow with a vent. I currently have EMP window that has vents that are so small they are useless. Back window does not cut down any dust in my experience. I have plugged like virtually every hole which can actually make it worse by creating negative cabin pressure. I just took off full windshield and left rear window and after a mid to high speed 86 mile trail ride, there was virtually no dust. I am hoping that RyFab will build a front window with LARGE vents and fold down.
Don't give up.. I had the Emp on my old can am... it had no vents so I added some by drilling holes in a pattern about in same place as your vented one.. your right it wasn't enough.. but mine had a top filler panel at roof line that I was able to straighten the curve out and mount it over the top of the windshield frame shimmed out to create a air scoop of sort.. this found to pull enough air to create a down draft to work.. maybe you can figure a way to get some air in where the roof meets the windshield ..
Do you have the Krx fender flairs? I found they help to play a roll in diverting some.. I haven't installed my full factory windshield yet as waiting for cooler weather.. I'm planning to try an accessory from can am called a Provent on the roof.. I doubt I will ever install the back glass and will continue to use the large shade screen I made for the rear works really good now with half windshield at keeping the dust off me and my gear..

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
You don't need to wait for Ryfab. Go to Deranged Off-Road. They already have what you are wanting Ryfab to build. I had a Ryfab on my General, with the large vent across the bottom. It was great, so I knew that was what I wanted for the KRX. Deranged has it. Glass windshield. I think the vent is even larger, so much so that you can actually feel the wind in your face when it's open. Also, when open, you can see right through the opening, so you don't have a big blind spot where you can't see directly in front of the machine.
It's a two piece design, so the passenger can adjust their own. When open, there is virtually no dust being sucked into the cab because of the windshield. I have never run a rear window.

Deranged Off-Road

·
Registered
173 Posts
definitely would have gone with deranged if I hadn't purchased the factory one with the package deal..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts