Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the bandit shocks everything measured out as they said in the kit after it was installed and on the 31s. Went to 35s the next day and the rear cv angle seems steeper. Perhaps where it’s a heavier tire the rest end hasn’t settled like the front has so far. I have only had it in black top down the street.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did the bandit shocks everything measured out as they said in the kit after it was installed and on the 31s. Went to 35s the next day and the rear cv angle seems steeper. Perhaps where it’s a heavier tire the rest end hasn’t settled like the front has so far. I have only had it in black top down the street.
I lowered my ride height in the back from the bandits setting the angle was to steep.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully I can do that on the machine. Got a guys trip starting tomorrow for 2 days of riding in East Lynn wv. Should I do the trip let them settle then adjust or try to adjust them now?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,116 Posts
I would adjust those down. That severe angle might get you into trouble. You can do the adjustments with the shock still on the machine. Just jack it up and make your adjustments.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hopefully I can do that on the machine. Got a guys trip starting tomorrow for 2 days of riding in East Lynn wv. Should I do the trip let them settle then adjust or try to adjust them now?
Yes you can adjust the rear on the machine very easy. You can ride it for awhile to let it settle but you might as well do it now before it gets dirty again lol. I set the back pre load at the lowest possible setting on mine, just tight enough to have tension on the spring with the back tires off the ground at full suspension drop. I’m setting at 18-1/2 in ground clearance with 35s.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How ever there is no tool kit, snatch blocks, d rings or 45 quart cooler in the back loaded down either. I would say all that comes in close to 70lbs

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
How ever there is no tool kit, snatch blocks, d rings or 45 quart cooler in the back loaded down either. I would say all that comes in close to 70lbs
Did you actually ride it or is that right after you let it off the jacks? If it’s just off the jacks it needs to settle still

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took a 1/2 inch out from the bandit setting. Ride it around the block a few times. Still looks a little steep but not as bad. They are the heavy duty springs. And I have no weight in the back. Figure they will settle some.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
All of this ride height and aftermarket springs,made me get my owners manual out.Shows 14 1/2” w stock tires at like 16 lb air Psi.So with 35s one would figure u should be at 16 1/2”.

·
Registered
194 Posts
All of this ride height and aftermarket springs,made me get my owners manual out.Shows 14 1/2” w stock tires at like 16 lb air Psi.So with 35s one would figure u should be at 16 1/2”.
U should have a little bit of negative camber for it to handle the best.and to be more stable on uneven hillsides

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was 14 3/4 inches front and 16 inches rear with the stock ones on. I took a 1/2 inch out of the rear so I am getting closer.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
352 Posts
Good point!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts