Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can not get either rear axel out. we have tried slide hammer and sledge hammer neither will move them. has anyone had this issue, and if so hoe did you get it out

·
Built For Battle
145 Posts
Suuuuuucks!!! Been there too many times. Just keep soaking it with PB blaster or Liquid Wrench...or whatever penetrant you choose, and keep working on it. It'll come loose. Keep up with the slide hammer or the sledge...and just keep soaking it. Make sure to pull straight. You should also give it a few taps in towards the trans before the big straight yank out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Last I read it said the axle magic would not fit the krx and they haven't released the one they are working on for the krx
I just watched a video of a guy that had that problem. If you
i can not get either rear axel out. we have tried slide hammer and sledge hammer neither will move them. has anyone had this issue, and if so hoe did you get it out View attachment 4942
I just watched a video of a guy with that exact problem. The fix starts at 2.29 minutes. I don't know how to link it on this page but if you want to post your phone number I'll send you the You Tube video.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i can not get either rear axel out. we have tried slide hammer and sledge hammer neither will move them. has anyone had this issue, and if so hoe did you get it out View attachment 4942
My buddy and I have been in this situation before try welding a flat pc of steel across the center of the cup depending on your slide hammer weld a threaded nut to the center of the pc of steel be ready after welding to pull the axle half out immediately the heat from the welding will benefit in pulling the remaining shaft out. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just watched a video of a guy that had that problem. If you

I just watched a video of a guy with that exact problem. The fix starts at 2.29 minutes. I don't know how to link it on this page but if you want to post your phone number I'll send you the You Tube video.
910-374-0531

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh my f-ing god that is some of the most hackadactyl crap I've seen yet...... ok for the non-automotive repair folks out there doing it themselves I'll give ya some tips: for one: the axle is held in with a spring "c" clip.... the clip needs to be in the right orientation to make removal easier as sometimes if the "C" is sideways such as in the orientation in this paragraph when you type the "C" or hanging with the open end of the "C" facing up then one arm of it will be hanging due to gravity down causing it to catch on the inside of the "c" clip groove in the transmission; so sometimes you need to rotate the axle 45 degrees and try again, and rotate 45 degrees and try again, what you are trying to do is get the clip oriented so that the open part of the "C" is hanging down- no you can't see this in actuality but you just have to imagine it: second, the axle needs to be held "out" of the transmission case while tapping it out; holding it out with a prybar- not too damn hard as you don't want to break the transmission case and in the case of the Kawasaki axle with its clip on the inside of the inner cv tulip you can use the axle to slide hammer itself out, and if you're applying the correct pressure using the pry-bar and the clip is in the correct orientation it should come out without too much trouble.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My buddy just went through this. I believe he found a muffler U clamp that would clamp to the CV housing, welded a chain to each side of the u bolt to make a loop to pull from the middle. Anchored 1 side of the machine to a tractor and used a winch to pull the CV out. Slide hammer did not work. The C clip on the axle looked fine after pulling it out. Was able to punch the other axle out through the spool.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts