Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have a noise coming from my rear end. I replaced drive shaft with brute performance full shaft, along with there carrier bearing thinking the noise was coming from the loss shaft but it was still there afterwards. Now I’m at the axles. They seam to be ok but they are sloppy where the shaft goes into the transmission. I’m not sure what to do here next. If I buy axles and it’s a bearing issue then I wast $. Anyone that can tell me how to check the axles before I buy I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi everyone! I have a noise coming from my rear end. I replaced drive shaft with brute performance full shaft, along with there carrier bearing thinking the noise was coming from the loss shaft but it was still there afterwards. Now I’m at the axles. They seam to be ok but they are sloppy where the shaft goes into the transmission. I’m not sure what to do here next. If I buy axles and it’s a bearing issue then I wast $. Anyone that can tell me how to check the axles before I buy I’d appreciate it.
Should be somewhat loose in the diff. jack it up run it use a stethoscope to check for bearing noise diff side & at the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be somewhat loose in the diff. jack it up run it use a stethoscope to check for bearing noise diff side & at the wheel bearing.
Wish I new how to post a video on here. I’m pretty new to this stuff. Thanks for the feedback. Wheel bearings are good. It’s loss at the tranny side lots of play. I’m going to try and figure out what them seals are called and get two of them I no the one side is leaking

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wish I new how to post a video on here. I’m pretty new to this stuff. Thanks for the feedback. Wheel bearings are good. It’s loss at the tranny side lots of play. I’m going to try and figure out what them seals are called and get two of them I no the one side is leaking
that might be the "ah ha" of all this.... you have one side that's leaking..... i wonder if you had a bearing fail and that side is loose causing the axle to not seal properly; you'll be well off to buy a cheap automotive stethoscope, then remove the tires, jack it up and listen around at things like the wheel bearings/side of the transmission/etc.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,762 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Judging from your name and looking at your avatar, I would bet it's a bearing. I would assume you have kept the gear oil clean and fresh so your gear box isn't the problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that might be the "ah ha" of all this.... you have one side that's leaking..... i wonder if you had a bearing fail and that side is loose causing the axle to not seal properly; you'll be well off to buy a cheap automotive stethoscope, then remove the tires, jack it up and listen around at things like the wheel bearings/side of the transmission/etc.
Thanks I’ll let you no in a few days what I find I’m ripping into it tonight after work!

·
Registered
Kraftwerks Supercharged Special Edition
257 Posts
Post your video to YouTube, then share the link to the video here.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
935 Posts
It's normal
I noticed mine was that way after it's very first voyage, 80-100 miles. Took it to kawi an they said its normal. Came home an checked my can am an sure enough it's that way too. Checked my buddy's pro xp 4 seater same way . 2000 miles on the krx now an no issue. And nearing 4000 on the can am same deal. (except the can am likes to break the axles lol). If the seal went bad it possibly could have gotten water, mud an grit in the bearing an could be making noise, or like u said could be the axle itself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I noticed mine was that way after it's very first voyage, 80-100 miles. Took it to kawi an they said its normal. Came home an checked my can am an sure enough it's that way too. Checked my buddy's pro xp 4 seater same way . 2000 miles on the krx now an no issue. And nearing 4000 on the can am same deal. (except the can am likes to break the axles lol). If the seal went bad it possibly could have gotten water, mud an grit in the bearing an could be making noise, or like u said could be the axle itself.
Good to no bro. I have noise back there and it sounds a lot like cv so I’m hoping the ness was axles take care of it. I’m running out of things to replace lol

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
935 Posts
I personally have not had to pull an axle on my krx fortunately, but I have done countless on my can am an assisted on many Polaris. Never had any issues with can am but on Polaris Pb blaster is your best friend. If you type "can't get axles out" or "stuck axle" in the search bar there is some tips an tricks from forum members that might help you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts