Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Yes RCOR is off with my 4 seat and its added weight. Front is off but rear is good. My front is 6" pre 3.25" crossover. I at 17" GC. Crossover is supposed to remain 3.5" and with stock tires and settling it will measure 14.5 to 15". So I am at max. RCOR is correct but not with heavier utv's. I am heavy and Im ok with this but it is MAX out for sure. 6" preload is all ya can get without losing crossover travel. Im not sweating 1/4" and assume it wont settle more 3/4" so should work out ok.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,034 Posts
Yes RCOR is off with my 4 seat and its added weight. Front is off but rear is good. My front is 6" pre 3.25" crossover. I at 17" GC. Crossover is supposed to remain 3.5" and with stock tires and settling it will measure 14.5 to 15". So I am at max. RCOR is correct but not with heavier utv's. I am heavy and Im ok with this but it is MAX out for sure. 6" preload is all ya can get without losing crossover travel. Im not sweating 1/4" and assume it wont settle more 3/4" so should work out ok.
Not sure were you are measuring? This is a picture of my front setting.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Why did you choose Rcore tenders vs Shock Therapy tenders?
[/QUOTe I run their clutch kit.. quality stuff and they are in N.C and I'm in TN. could get them sooner and I believe all your aftermarket tenders are going to be pretty much the same . All are going to be a upgrade to the factory spring . We just went and tried them out this Sat @ Widow maker at Royal blue in TN . My ride is firmer but its still just as plush as it was before with the factory springs . And I'm sitting at 16.5 in front and 17 in the rear on ground clearance with the shocks on the softest setting .

· Registered
2020 krx 1000. 35" System 3 xtr370's.
74 Posts
how much more body roll is induced running no rear sway bar? my front is removed.

I run stiffer Bandit stage 3 springs so I don't get "too" much roll now.
It's definintely got more roll than before, but it's not anything that will get you in trouble if you don't push it too hard in corners. It's zip tied, so I can hook it up if I wanna ride more dirt trail and less rocks.

· Registered
2021 Blue
199 Posts
Seems to be a bunch of RCOR tender springs going on lately. I did mine (2 seater) a few days ago and found it remarkable easy to do. Spring compressors were not required but made it easier. I set preload at 5" front, 8" rear. After a vigorous, and much improved ride, I was surprised to measure 15" front and rear with stock skid & tires. It was the same 4 hours later. I musta hit the sweet spot between RCOR's recommended preload and installed accessories. Even so, I will keep an eye on it just in case something changes.....

· Registered
60 Posts
Set axle angle at 15 degrees, nothing else matters
Are you using a protractor to measure angle?

My RCORs are set to 5.5 and 7.5 and I have right at 15 inches of clearance. I'd like to get between 16.5 and 17 if possible. I'm on 35 inche 370s aswell.

Do you guys just knock your lock rings loose and twist both springs down to get the preload to adjust or do you have to use compressors and a tool on the nut?

TIA!

· Registered
Las Vegas, NV
432 Posts
Are you using a protractor to measure angle?

My RCORs are set to 5.5 and 7.5 and I have right at 15 inches of clearance. I'd like to get between 16.5 and 17 if possible. I'm on 35 inche 370s aswell.

Do you guys just knock your lock rings loose and twist both springs down to get the preload to adjust or do you have to use compressors and a tool on the nut?

TIA!
If you jack up enough, you can easily twist the springs after loosening up the lock rings.

I keep my axles around 10-12 degrees. You can use your phone with an angle app.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts