Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your ground clearance if your running these ? I originally set mine up to their suggested measurements on the locking rings and was sitting at 19 inches on the rear . Took it down 1 inch and its right at 17.5 inches now but I'm running 35 inch Rockzilla tires. On the front I messed up on my measurement and added 3/8 of an inch more than what they suggested and I'm at 17 inches . Those measurements are with a full trail armorer skid installed . I also have been running my shocks at the minimum on the compression dial since new 2022 unit with a little over 500 miles on it .

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
What is your ground clearance if your running these ? I originally set mine up to their suggested measurements on the locking rings and was sitting at 19 inches on the rear . Took it down 1 inch and its right at 17.5 inches now but I'm running 35 inch Rockzilla tires. On the front I messed up on my measurement and added 3/8 of an inch more than what they suggested and I'm at 17 inches . Those measurements are with a full trail armorer skid installed . I also have been running my shocks at the minimum on the compression dial since new 2022 unit with a little over 500 miles on it .
I found RCOR's setting to high also. Went by suggestions I found here on the forum. When I added the Kawai carrier and 70 lb spare wheel and tire, I had to adjust the rear up a tad.

· Registered
312 Posts
Just installed my rcor tender. To bottom of skids it is 17"+ now. Should settle to 16 17" n i will adjust again. Have the 4 seat with tons extra weight in accessories. Im at 7.75" to preload retainer lock ring in the rear. Front kinda sucks because I had to max out to 6" preload and 3.25" to bottom of crossover lock nut. No more adj for me in front as crossover should be at 3.5" I was told. I need to drive it some and check again. I did settle springs in driveway but it needs ran. 17" is alot height though imop. I am also 82"+ to top of utv roof.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,908 Posts
how much more body roll is induced running no rear sway bar? my front is removed.

I run stiffer Bandit stage 3 springs so I don't get "too" much roll now.
As easy as it is to disconnect the rear bar, you should just try it and see what you think. Body roll is very subjective to the rider. The trailing arms on the KRX have so much leverage on the sway bars, I don't think there would be a lot of difference in sway or performance with it disconnected. Can't say for sure. Mine is still connected and doesn't seem to really affect the "independent" travel of the rear wheels. My front bar has been disconnected from day one.

· Registered
312 Posts
Front sway bar... Do ya do both sides or is 1 side good? Also how where do ya hold it out of the way? I was wondering if ya can do 1 side and zip tie other link to bar and be ok??

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
Front sway bar... Do ya do both sides or is 1 side good? Also how where do ya hold it out of the way? I was wondering if ya can do 1 side and zip tie other link to bar and be ok??
I made quick removable links for front and back.. I guess I just like little projects to keep me busy. I have not tried the rear disconnected yet, will try that Wednesday.

Front disconnected, it gets a spacer and pin.

Rear drivers side pinned out of harms way.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
Why did you choose Rcore tenders vs Shock Therapy tenders?
RCOR, as the tenders are the main issue. The OEM main springs work fine. The difference in ride between a machine with RCOR tenders and a full ST spring set is going to be subjectively different to each rider and how they use there machine. I will be doing a RCOR install this afternoon for a friend. So my count is going to be three friends and mine for a total of four. Plus I helped another friend with a 4 seat RZR do ST full spring setup. I was not impressed with their screw together cross over rings and small o-ring bumpers. I think the big flat silencers work better. OEM cross overs are easier to adjust on an installed shock(think rear only). Fronts pretty much have to be removed to adjust. RCOR tenders do not settle very much. I re-adjusted the rears a little when I added the Kawai carrier and 70 pound spare tire and wheel.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,908 Posts
Just remove the links from both sides and a zip tie or two will hold the bar up out of the way. If I could get my grill out (front bumper is in the way of removing it) I would just remove the bar from the machine.

· Registered
177 Posts
The only thing I don't like about my RCOR's is they have a squeak or whatever sound you might call it. I was hoping it would go away after it settled in but it hasn't. Its really not that bad though, just bothers me since I know it is there.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
The only thing I don't like about my RCOR's is they have a squeak or whatever sound you might call it. I was hoping it would go away after it settled in but it hasn't. Its really not that bad though, just bothers me since I know it is there.
Did you clock the spring ends at the cross over at 180 degrees? If so try changing it a bit. If not currently at 180, change them to 180.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
Well we finished today's install in 2 hours without the FA stuff and adjusting the rear up a bit after the install.

Rear Pre-load - from the bottom lip of the shock top to the top of locking ring.6 1/4"

Rear with spare - from the bottom lip of the shock top to the top of locking ring.6 7/8"

Rear Cross over - from the top of the tender to the bottom of the cross over bottom ring.3 1/2"

Front Pre-load - from the bottom lip of the shock top to the top of locking ring.4 5/8"

Front Cross over - from the top of the tender to the bottom of the cross over bottom ring.3 ½”

1 - 20 of 45 Posts