Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my AllThingz UTV tender springs off and put the RCOR tender springs on today. They are definitely different springs. The length and diameter of the spring steel are not the same.
I set the preload rings 1/2" more than what they say in hopes that if they settle in I won't have to readjust them. I'm also a fair bit heavier than a stock KRX and wanted to account for that as well. Not sure if that was the right thing to do or not. I'm sitting at 16" of clearance, but not sure if the angle of the axles is to great now. They look a bit steep to me. I don't want to damage the CV joints. If anyone has a picture of the rear of a new KRX that hasn't sagged yet, I would like to see it to compare to how mine sits now. I will also contact RCOR to see what kind of initial set these springs take. It also narrowed my width back down to just over 69", compared to the nearly 71" I was at before.

Here's some pictures of it now. I know, I hate the bucket pictures too, but was using it to check how equal the height was front to rear.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the OEM, AllThingz and RCOR springs.

Oem on the right, RCOR in the middle and AllThingz on the left in both pictures.

·
Registered
894 Posts
thanks for the side by side (pun intended) picture of all three springs.

get some miles on the new RCOR springs and let us know how they compare in ride to the All Thingz. Any first impressions from a spin around the block or rocking the machine side to side?

·
Registered
98 Posts
What size tires are you running? I bought a set of RCOR springs about a week ago and haven't had a chance to put them on my machine. Running 35" System 3 XTR370'S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Took my AllThingz UTV tender springs off and put the RCOR tender springs on today. They are definitely different springs. The length and diameter of the spring steel are not the same.
I set the preload rings 1/2" more than what they say in hopes that if they settle in I won't have to readjust them. I'm also a fair bit heavier than a stock KRX and wanted to account for that as well. Not sure if that was the right thing to do or not. I'm sitting at 16" of clearance, but not sure if the angle of the axles is to great now. They look a bit steep to me. I don't want to damage the CV joints. If anyone has a picture of the rear of a new KRX that hasn't sagged yet, I would like to see it to compare to how mine sits now. I will also contact RCOR to see what kind of initial set these springs take. It also narrowed my width back down to just over 69", compared to the nearly 71" I was at before.

Here's some pictures of it now. I know, I hate the bucket pictures too, but was using it to check how equal the height was front to rear.

View attachment 3944

View attachment 3945

View attachment 3946

View attachment 3947

View attachment 3949
Your axles will be just fine , mine are like that too and Iv ran mine hard for 800 miles and have had no problems.
57BD8F2D-52D7-4DC7-ACF4-8B3DD39D9DF9.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why did you take off the all things springs? I’m on the fence right now on buying those or ST springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,117 Posts

View attachment 3944

View attachment 3945

View attachment 3946

View attachment 3947

View attachment 3949
Bob, you would want to be at 14.5” in the rear, and 15” in the front. Take your time and set it correctly so you don’t put any strain on the drivetrain. If you have to make adjustments in a few months, no biggie.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Bob how is the ride quality? Any noise from the crossover rings?
If to add the rubber o-rings there will be no more banging noise. I have the all things springs and very happy with them. Unfortunately I could not wait until the RCOR set came out. I'm at 15" front and rear measuring at the bottom of my 1/2" trail armor skid plates.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
If to add the rubber o-rings there will be no more banging noise. I have the all things springs and very happy with them. Unfortunately I could not wait until the RCOR set came out. I'm at 15" front and rear measuring at the bottom of my 1/2" trail armor skid plates.
Right on.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bob, you would want to be at 14.5” in the rear, and 15” in the front. Take your time and set it correctly so you don’t put any strain on the drivetrain. If you have to make adjustments in a few months, no biggie.
My 32" tires are 1-5/8" taller than the OEM Carnivores, so I should be 3/4" higher than the stock 14.5" and 15". That makes me 3/4" high in the front and 1/4" too high in the rear. It just looks like more angle on the rear axles than what I remember from when it was new. The angle on the front doesn't look bad at all.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No way to compare the ride quality yet. Just rode it around the block to make sure everything was seated correctly. The crossover rings have never really been an issue for me with my slow, rock crawling type of riding. I have heard them on a couple of occasions when I get a chance to open things up a little, but knowing what it is, it doesn't bother me.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One other thing. Adjusting the front springs is a bit of a PITA because you have to remove the shock to do it. Rears are easy. Just jack it up to remove pressure from the shock/springs and do it on the machine. Don't even have to remove them to do the spring swap.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,117 Posts
My 32" tires are 1-5/8" taller than the OEM Carnivores, so I should be 3/4" higher than the stock 14.5" and 15". That makes me 3/4" high in the front and 1/4" too high in the rear. It just looks like more angle on the rear axles than what I remember from when it was new. The angle on the front doesn't look bad at all.
Bob slap your OEM rims and tires back on just to set ride heights. 14.5” & 15” is not the factory setting (not that I know of anyway) but rather the correct settings when changing out springs.

Once you set everything, put your aftermarket wheels back on and take measurements of where you sit now. That way you know where to adjust everything too in the future.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got in touch with @RightCoastOff-Road guys. They told me I could expect up to 1/2" of settlement (max) out of their tender springs with the weight I carry on my KRX. I hope that they are right. 1/2" of sag would put me exactly where I want to be.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bob slap your OEM rims and tires back on just to set ride heights. 14.5” & 15” is not the factory setting (not that I know of anyway) but rather the correct settings when changing out springs.

Once you set everything, put your aftermarket wheels back on and take measurements of where you sit now. That way you know where to adjust everything too in the future.
That's not happenin'. 14.5" is the Kawasaki advertised ride height. Math says when you add .75" (for my 32" tires that are 1-1/2"+ taller than the "31's" that come on the KRX) to that you get 15.25". If I get .5" settlement from my current 16" height, that puts me at exactly 15.5". Perfect!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yea but he has 32” bfgs

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's not happenin'. 14.5" is the Kawasaki advertised ride height. Math says when you add .75" (for my 32" tires that are 1-1/2"+ taller than the "31's" that come on the KRX) to that you get 15.25". If I get .5" settlement from my current 16" height, that puts me at exactly 15.5". Perfect!
It’s great that u have bought and installed both.Just waiting for ur experienced report back.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It’s great that u have bought and installed both.Just waiting for ur experienced report back.
Looking forward to getting some miles on them. Heading for the Black Hills in a couple of weeks, and will put a couple hundred miles on during that week. That should give me a pretty good read on them. I think I'm going to leave my settings just the way they are. If they are going to settle any, it will happen on that trip. There will be some paved road miles, dirt road miles, forest access road miles and some actual rock & trail miles.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
169 Posts
Looking forward to getting some miles on them. Heading for the Black Hills in a couple of weeks, and will put a couple hundred miles on during that week. That should give me a pretty good read on them. I think I'm going to leave my settings just the way they are. If they are going to settle any, it will happen on that trip. There will be some paved road miles, dirt road miles, forest access road miles and some actual rock & trail miles.
Pictures can be decieving, are the rcor springs are a touch bigger diameter wise?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts