Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
29 Posts
from what I can remember the swamp donkey came with fused wiring.. I drilled a small hole in the side of the cage and if I remember there is one at the bottom of the pillar fished it under dash to a fused battery connection.. I wanted radio and cell phone go work with out the key being on.. operates on with switch on swamp donkey.. the kickers work and sound good to me.. I wash them down and have no distortion or problem with the speakers that it comes with.. so far I can crank it up With no rattles,water intrusion or vibration .. again for what it is Im happy with it..
Alright, awesome. Good to know. Thank you!

·
Registered
396 Posts
swamp donkey question............can you run a rear view mirror with it? clearance for clamps as well as line of sight of rear? I see they have spacers for between the front bar and the speaker box back. Are there clamps on each end of the box for a 4 point support mounting? I run the premium roof with the skylight, does it block any of that clear area? thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
yes it all clears and mounts up nice.. I use a sizmik rear view full windshield, 4 point mounts and no it doesn't block sky light.. good sturdy over head unit for the price.. the pic is a bit dark but you get the idea.. I have a pre vent in the roof as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes it all clears and mounts up nice.. I use a sizmik rear view full windshield, 4 point mounts and no it doesn't block sky light.. good sturdy over head unit for the price.. the pic is a bit dark but you get the idea.. I have a pre vent in the roof as well
View attachment 1361
What is mounted in the skylight? It looks like a fresh air vent.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
29 Posts
Here is my plan....
Overhead with a lot of other amenities check it out

Which MTX sound bar did you purchase? (if you have by now) And if you have a roof and windshield, did it fit with no issues? I'm starting to lean more towards to getting the MTX soundbar, but would like to hear what someone else thinks of it before I buy it!

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
29 Posts
Does anyone on this forum thread have the overhead MTX soundbar system? If so, how do you like it and how simple was installation?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does anyone on this forum thread have the overhead MTX soundbar system? If so, how do you like it and how simple was installation?
I had a MTX soundbar on my rzr xpt. Would I buy another one? Absolutely not. I put a sxs audio in my Krx and absolutely love it, blows the MTX out of this world. The MTX wasn’t loud enough to hear when going over 50mph in the rzr and was not clear and didn’t have any bass whatsoever. Below is the link to sxs audio if you want to look into it. If you have any questions, call Doug he is a great dude.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
29 Posts
I had a MTX soundbar on my rzr xpt. Would I buy another one? Absolutely not. I put a sxs audio in my Krx and absolutely love it, blows the MTX out of this world. The MTX wasn’t loud enough to hear when going over 50mph in the rzr and was not clear and didn’t have any bass whatsoever. Below is the link to sxs audio if you want to look into it. If you have any questions, call Doug he is a great dude.

Which MTX sound bar did you have? I'm just weighing my options. Not looking for a crazy sound system. Just something simple, doesn't cost a fortune and has good sound when riding.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
29 Posts
It fits great. I have the black Kawi sport roof. It isn’t crazy heavy but you can tell it has 4 speakers and an amp in it. I can send you some photos when I get home later if you want
That would be awesome! Thank you. I have the sport roof as well so that's why I was asking.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts