Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
good to hear.. I took a chance on this stereo hoping it good as the picture... I am waiting on all of the accessories form Kawasaki as well and should see the boom box any day. so sounds like a good question. maybe a new post asking for a picture under the roof so we know where to place the mount straps...what roof are you planing on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Follow up I got the swamp donkey stereo today. I did not get it installed yet but I put my helmet on and held it over my head lol. This radio is loud just like I like it the quality of the box and speakers is great I’m sure to have the box made would be at least 250 plus the speakers and deck. The radio has a nice flip down cover that has a magnet that holds it closed. I am vary impressed by it I’ll get it put in in the next day or so. Question can anyone tell me the spacing or their roof clamps I don’t want to drill the box and half to reset it after my roof comes in.some time between now and Christ comes back.
Awesome! I ordered one yesterday. And I actually went to my dealer last week, and they had a brand new green premium roof they were trying hard to sell so I snatched it. Perks of being a small town business with no online sales! I should get my KRX from storage this weekend to put the radio on, and when I do I will measure and send a pic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome! I ordered one yesterday. And I actually went to my dealer last week, and they had a brand new green premium roof they were trying hard to sell so I snatched it. Perks of being a small town business with no online sales! I should get my KRX from storage this weekend to put the radio on, and when I do I will measure and send a pic.
Awesome man that would be great to find out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got the swamp donkey installed tonight along with the protection package. If you like music loud then this set up is for you. It is vary clean and solid it does not block your view from the seat I’m 6’5 and have no problem with it. The clamp mounts are ok they could be better but other than that I love it. It is loud and clear even with your helmet on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got the swamp donkey installed tonight along with the protection package. If you like music loud then this set up is for you. It is vary clean and solid it does not block your view from the seat I’m 6’5 and have no problem with it. The clamp mounts are ok they could be better but other than that I love it. It is loud and clear even with your helmet on.
View attachment 305

·
Registered
258 Posts
thanks.. just picked up my protection package and swamp donkey arrives today.. not sure when I will see my roof... Kawasaki shut down their la wherehouse over riots there... do you think the roof mounts will interfere with the stereo mounts? Thanks for the pictures.. looks great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks.. just picked up my protection package and swamp donkey arrives today.. not sure when I will see my roof... Kawasaki shut down their la wherehouse over riots there... do you think the roof mounts will interfere with the stereo mounts? Thanks for the pictures.. looks great!
I will be installing my swamp Donkey this weekend and I currently have the premium roof on my machine, so I will update once I’m done. According to some comments I saw from Swamp Donkey (I think on one of their YouTube videos), it should fit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Roof mount clamp measurements for the premium roof if that helps anyone. If it's hard to see, the exact distance is 23 1/4" from outer edge of each clamp.

·
Registered
258 Posts
thanks much.. were there any clamps on the side cause that's were the intrusion maybe? no telling how long to wait on roof from Kawasaki..

·
Registered
9 Posts
What have y’all put in the krx for some tunes ? I’m so undecided on what to go with I kinda like the factory hiphonics for clean and out of the way. I know it’s expensive but I a good soundbar is only a couple hundred dollars cheaper. What’s everyone’s thoughts ?
Look up Side by Side Audio on Facebook. He's probably the best SXS audio guy in the country. In my KRX he installed 12 speakers (4 6.5"overhead, 2 6.5" in the doors, 4 6x9 behind the head rests and 2 10" subs on the floor behind the seats. All custom fiberglass boxes and will make others who ride with you turn their systems off cause they cant hear theirs over yours. Crystal clear, LOUD and all the music (lows, mids and highs). I have had one of his systems in my 16 General and have beat on it for 4 years and its never failed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally got the Swamp Donkey installed with the premium roof. It will indeed fit. However, the clamps have to be mounted into the unit at certain spots to avoid the roof clamps. It’s not a problem at all, it’s just easier to mount with the roof on so you know exactly where the clamps would interfere. Also, the clamps for the front rail will have a bit of space from the screw to the box, but Swamp Donkey includes two black spacers that can be used in that gap between the screw and the unit. I will include pictures of what I mean. The first picture is not using the spacer, and the second is using it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
444 Posts
I got my jbl xtreme Bluetooth speaker mounted to the roll bar, gonna get one more. Long term I’m gonna dish out the cash for the factory hifonics system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look up Side by Side Audio on Facebook. He's probably the best SXS audio guy in the country. In my KRX he installed 12 speakers (4 6.5"overhead, 2 6.5" in the doors, 4 6x9 behind the head rests and 2 10" subs on the floor behind the seats. All custom fiberglass boxes and will make others who ride with you turn their systems off cause they cant hear theirs over yours. Crystal clear, LOUD and all the music (lows, mids and highs). I have had one of his systems in my 16 General and have beat on it for 4 years and its never failed.
Here are some of the installation photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
29 Posts
A little late to the party but I am also eyeing the swamp donkey setup for my KRX. Would this setup work with the sport roof? And how is the sound overall?

·
Registered
258 Posts
A little late to the party but I am also eyeing the swamp donkey setup for my KRX. Would this setup work with the sport roof? And how is the sound overall?
The swamp donkey works out good.. puts the radio overhead with a map light.. with the Kicker speakers sound is great for the price and what it is.. I wanted a hear a bit more..."Cow Bell" so added a set of kickers for the doors, kicker sub and amp and purchased the kawi rear speaker pods that mount on cage.. very clean and full sound.. loud enough to drive your neighbors out to see where the concert is! There are some overhead units like Audio formz that make a nice roof audio system but comes at a price and a bit top heavy.. I found the swamp donkey puts the stereo in a nice accessible location that's light and easy to build off.. works with factory roof and factory windshield system.. I use a sizemik rear view works perfect..

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
29 Posts
The swamp donkey works out good.. puts the radio overhead with a map light.. with the Kicker speakers sound is great for the price and what it is.. I wanted a hear a bit more..."Cow Bell" so added a set of kickers for the doors, kicker sub and amp and purchased the kawi rear speaker pods that mount on cage.. very clean and full sound.. loud enough to drive your neighbors out to see where the concert is! There are some overhead units like Audio formz that make a nice roof audio system but comes at a price and a bit top heavy.. I found the swamp donkey puts the stereo in a nice accessible location that's light and easy to build off.. works with factory roof and factory windshield system.. I use a sizemik rear view works perfect..
Awesome, good to know! I'm just looking for something simple and nothing too wild so this sounds like a good one to have. I wasn't sure how the kickers would do since I know sometimes those can be hit or miss. I have the sport roof so I think where it straps to the cage might be different than the KRQ roof so thats another reason for my question. How did you end up wiring the Swamp Donkey system? Did you wire it to a switch or just directly to the BUS bar?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Awesome, good to know! I'm just looking for something simple and nothing too wild so this sounds like a good one to have. I wasn't sure how the kickers would do since I know sometimes those can be hit or miss. I have the sport roof so I think where it straps to the cage might be different than the KRQ roof so thats another reason for my question. How did you end up wiring the Swamp Donkey system? Did you wire it to a switch or just directly to the BUS bar?
from what I can remember the swamp donkey came with fused wiring.. I drilled a small hole in the side of the cage and if I remember there is one at the bottom of the pillar fished it under dash to a fused battery connection.. I wanted radio and cell phone go work with out the key being on.. operates on with switch on swamp donkey.. the kickers work and sound good to me.. I wash them down and have no distortion or problem with the speakers that it comes with.. so far I can crank it up With no rattles,water intrusion or vibration .. again for what it is Im happy with it..

21 - 40 of 67 Posts