Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Radio/ soundbar

31K views 101 replies 25 participants last post by  CFDWheeler 
#1 ·
What have y’all put in the krx for some tunes ? I’m so undecided on what to go with I kinda like the factory hiphonics for clean and out of the way. I know it’s expensive but I a good soundbar is only a couple hundred dollars cheaper. What’s everyone’s thoughts ?

#3 ·
#19 ·

I ordered this setup when it was on sale 20% off last weekend.

#20 ·
Follow up I got the swamp donkey stereo today. I did not get it installed yet but I put my helmet on and held it over my head lol. This radio is loud just like I like it the quality of the box and speakers is great I’m sure to have the box made would be at least 250 plus the speakers and deck. The radio has a nice flip down cover that has a magnet that holds it closed. I am vary impressed by it I’ll get it put in in the next day or so. Question can anyone tell me the spacing or their roof clamps I don’t want to drill the box and half to reset it after my roof comes in.some time between now and Christ comes back.

#22 ·
Awesome! I ordered one yesterday. And I actually went to my dealer last week, and they had a brand new green premium roof they were trying hard to sell so I snatched it. Perks of being a small town business with no online sales! I should get my KRX from storage this weekend to put the radio on, and when I do I will measure and send a pic.

#21 ·
good to hear.. I took a chance on this stereo hoping it good as the picture... I am waiting on all of the accessories form Kawasaki as well and should see the boom box any day. so sounds like a good question. maybe a new post asking for a picture under the roof so we know where to place the mount straps...what roof are you planing on?

#24 ·
Got the swamp donkey installed tonight along with the protection package. If you like music loud then this set up is for you. It is vary clean and solid it does not block your view from the seat I’m 6’5 and have no problem with it. The clamp mounts are ok they could be better but other than that I love it. It is loud and clear even with your helmet on.

#25 ·
Got the swamp donkey installed tonight along with the protection package. If you like music loud then this set up is for you. It is vary clean and solid it does not block your view from the seat I’m 6’5 and have no problem with it. The clamp mounts are ok they could be better but other than that I love it. It is loud and clear even with your helmet on.
View attachment 305

#28 ·
thanks.. just picked up my protection package and swamp donkey arrives today.. not sure when I will see my roof... Kawasaki shut down their la wherehouse over riots there... do you think the roof mounts will interfere with the stereo mounts? Thanks for the pictures.. looks great!

#32 ·
Look up Side by Side Audio on Facebook. He's probably the best SXS audio guy in the country. In my KRX he installed 12 speakers (4 6.5"overhead, 2 6.5" in the doors, 4 6x9 behind the head rests and 2 10" subs on the floor behind the seats. All custom fiberglass boxes and will make others who ride with you turn their systems off cause they cant hear theirs over yours. Crystal clear, LOUD and all the music (lows, mids and highs). I have had one of his systems in my 16 General and have beat on it for 4 years and its never failed.

#36 ·
Here are some of the installation photos.

Attachments

#34 ·
Finally got the Swamp Donkey installed with the premium roof. It will indeed fit. However, the clamps have to be mounted into the unit at certain spots to avoid the roof clamps. It’s not a problem at all, it’s just easier to mount with the roof on so you know exactly where the clamps would interfere. Also, the clamps for the front rail will have a bit of space from the screw to the box, but Swamp Donkey includes two black spacers that can be used in that gap between the screw and the unit. I will include pictures of what I mean. The first picture is not using the spacer, and the second is using it.

Attachments

#38 ·
The swamp donkey works out good.. puts the radio overhead with a map light.. with the Kicker speakers sound is great for the price and what it is.. I wanted a hear a bit more..."Cow Bell" so added a set of kickers for the doors, kicker sub and amp and purchased the kawi rear speaker pods that mount on cage.. very clean and full sound.. loud enough to drive your neighbors out to see where the concert is! There are some overhead units like Audio formz that make a nice roof audio system but comes at a price and a bit top heavy.. I found the swamp donkey puts the stereo in a nice accessible location that's light and easy to build off.. works with factory roof and factory windshield system.. I use a sizemik rear view works perfect..

#42 · (Edited)
swamp donkey question............can you run a rear view mirror with it? clearance for clamps as well as line of sight of rear? I see they have spacers for between the front bar and the speaker box back. Are there clamps on each end of the box for a 4 point support mounting? I run the premium roof with the skylight, does it block any of that clear area? thanks!