Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I thought so. I just ordered a set of intermediate compound. How do you like them?
Well, if I’m being honest. They kinda suck. I’m going to zillas when they’re available or Braven Berzerkers if it’s not soon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, if I’m being honest. They kinda suck. I’m going to zillas when they’re available or Braven Berzerkers if it’s not soon.
Are yours the intermediate or regular. What don't you like? I think I would have gone with the zillas if I could have found them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are yours the intermediate or regular. What don't you like? I think I would have gone with the zillas if I could have found them.
Mine are the stickies.. they did well in Moab but once I got them back in the TN mountains with some mud they quickly unimpressed. There is ZERO side bite and they struggle in ruts because of it. They don’t grip the damp east rock as well as the zillas. They’re not a “bad” tire... I just really expected them to do better than they do. I bought them thinking the 1” lugs would be great and that they’d perform better than the short lugged zillas. Buuuuut, I’m going to try the zillas and compare.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine are the stickies.. they did well in Moab but once I got them back in the TN mountains with some mud they quickly unimpressed. There is ZERO side bite and they struggle in ruts because of it. They don’t grip the damp east rock as well as the zillas. They’re not a “bad” tire... I just really expected them to do better than they do. I bought them thinking the 1” lugs would be great and that they’d perform better than the short lugged zillas. Buuuuut, I’m going to try the zillas and compare.
Thanks for your assessment. They might be pretty good for me then, as we don't have much in the way of mud to deal with in Montana.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for your assessment. They might be pretty good for me then, as we don't have much in the way of mud to deal with in Montana.
They’ll probably do ok... the side walls are pretty thin compared to other tires I’ve had. I’d say run around 10psi

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Does anyone know what the ratio of spring adjustment to ride height is?(Example... 1” of locking ring movement = 1” of ground clearance.)

I need to adjust my springs to bring the ride height back up, do to the springs settling, and accessories added.
It's the mechanical ratio of where the shock is mounted on the trailing arm compared to the position of the rear tire on the trailing arm at the end. The easy way to do this is to take the springs off the shock and measure the shock extension at full droop (the shock must be on the KRX). Record center of tire height. Fully compress the suspension and measure center of tire height and record the total distance traveled. The ratio of the center of tire total travel and shock travel is the answer to your question. Example:18"/10"=1.8 ratio. In this example the adjuster nut on top of the shock moved 1" down would increase ride height approximately 1.8". This will work on the front A-Arms also. I hope that helps you tune. Also you can do what pound sand said until you get what you want. Let me know what you find out about the ratio. I am interested in KRX geometry and travel. I am considering purchasing one.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts