Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm Testing side-mounted 1.5" pvc pipe in a 22 degree bend sweep fitting to have a forced-air vent into cabin area.

My new experiment to help with dust in the cabin, especially on the dash area in the dead air space behind the windshield, I need a dusty road test yet, but on pavement it's amazing the pressured air flowing out of the pipe exit, so I really think I'm on to a solution of redirecting air flow into dead air space.

Quick road test = grins. It works great.......quite a bit of vented air flow pressure..........now for a dusty road test..............see the present dust amount on the dash............I'll clean half that off, and see how much more dirt accumulates.

It's a simple 1.5" sweep angle fitting and a zip tie. I'll Paint them if they work out. Grins!

Once I get this exotic high tech product through rigorous and extensive R-n-D testing, I'll be selling a kit for a set of them for $89 a pair. Thus Priced appropriately for the side by side market. You can pick any color of Krylon and I'll spray paint your choice.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,282 Posts
I'm Testing side-mounted 1.5" pvc pipe in a 22 degree bend sweep fitting to have a forced-air vent into cabin area.

My new experiment to help with dust in the cabin, especially on the dash area in the dead air space behind the windshield, I need a dusty road test yet, but on pavement it's amazing the pressured air flowing out of the pipe exit, so I really think I'm on to a solution of redirecting air flow into dead air space.

Quick road test = grins. It works great.......quite a bit of vented air flow pressure..........now for a dusty road test..............see the present dust amount on the dash............I'll clean half that off, and see how much more dirt accumulates.

It's a simple 1.5" sweep angle fitting and a zip tie. I'll Paint them if they work out. Grins!

Once I get this exotic high tech product through rigorous and extensive R-n-D testing, I'll be selling a kit for a set of them for $89 a pair. Thus Priced appropriately for the side by side market. You can pick any color of Krylon and I'll spray paint your choice.

View attachment 745

View attachment 747
View attachment 746
I think someone on here did something similar but on the firewall. They used a sewer on/off valve straight from the fender well. They said it was a huge improvement. I’d like to rig something to blow threw the center console to let all that heat out. Maybe with a valve could redirect and use as a heater during winter.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wintertime is coming up............heater ideas............Hmmmmm, a fan forced heater using the center tunnel...............we could "Periscope" a pipe down into one of the rear cup holder (cut the bottom out) and use passive ram air pipe, or even a small muffin fan blowing down, will pressurize the tunnel and would blow up and out the shifter gate. Most likely enough to warm your hands up.

I’d like to rig something to blow through the center console to let all that heat out. Maybe with a valve could redirect and use as a heater during winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts