Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm curious if the new unit is the exact same as worn piece direct replacement, or different metallurgy and clutch curve shape?

·
Registered
229 Posts
You should Mic out the belt width to check wear..............factor service manual states 1.46 - 1.53" width..........service limit is 1.45"

Let us know the belt wear after your 600 miles, I've got about 250 on mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine looks the same way and is exhibiting that shifting behavior people talk about. I took the cover off and noticed metal shavings on the bottom. Took it to dealer. The first thing he asked is if the place I bought it from did the clutch recall. I thought that was interesting as I haven't heard about a clutch recall. Anyway, they called me back the next day and said Kawasaki would be replacing the primary clutch and belt, but the parts are on a 6 week backorder. So in the mean time Im really hoping to no have a problem on the trail.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
UPDATE: I contacted Kawasaki today to find out if Kawasaki has updated clutches from the originals. after being on hold for 45 minutes I spoke to a gentleman and he confirmed that both clutches have updated part numbers but he did not have the information to tell me exactly what Kawasaki has changed on the updated part numbers. This is reassuring, hopefully many of us wont have the same issue in the future once they are replaced. Rocky Heap I will get you the measurement of my belt soon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm wondering if I have the updated clutches on mine. I am nearing 800 miles with no wear at all. My KRX is a mid 2020 white one but it did come with the new spindles and front lower A-arms. I have been running 35s with no issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm wondering if I have the updated clutches on mine. I am nearing 800 miles with no wear at all. My KRX is a mid 2020 white one but it did come with the new spindles and front lower A-arms. I have been running 35s with no issues.
I have the updated front end parts as well. not sure when Kawasaki updated the clutches

·
Registered
155 Posts
Has anyone here experienced slippage. My belt spun crawling up a double step rock formation in low power mode.
I experiences slippage climbing a waterfall while in high. Put it in low and it chugged right up. Was pretty sketchy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive been the same with mine and kawasaki doesnt want to put a pulley on mine they are saying it is the weights and rollers and want to replace the pulleys has anyone had this hassle with them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That is unfortunate. They should replace the whole clutch in my opinion.

I am bringing my machine in today to get the new clutches installed

The old part numbers:
49093-0075
49094-0099

The new part numbers:
49093-0077
49094-0100

·
Registered
2020 KRX
73 Posts
I'm at 350 miles so I decided to check mine since my warranty is almost done. All looks smooth with no grooves so I'll just keep an eye on it. I do open it up and blow out every couple months also. I also believe in a gentle belt and machine warm up.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts