Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just an FYI to check your primary clutch for deep groves. Just got done with the first ride on the KRX and at 351 miles the primary has deep grooves. I felt a very little slip at the 45-47 mph range so I figured I should take a look. It is currently at the dealer and they ordered a new primary. Fortunately the primary clutch part # supersedes to a new number so hopefully it is updated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
so how much wear is "acceptable" with the OP having less than 400 miles on it?

wouldn't think you'd have any functional issues that soon. maybe more cosmetic?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would hope this wear is not acceptable. My rzr turbo with 4000 miles doesn’t even have a groove like this. Still looks new

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone. Just an FYI to check your primary clutch for deep groves. Just got done with the first ride on the KRX and at 351 miles the primary has deep grooves. I felt a very little slip at the 45-47 mph range so I figured I should take a look. It is currently at the dealer and they ordered a new primary. Fortunately the primary clutch part # supersedes to a new number so hopefully it is updated. View attachment 662
Mine is doing the same but not as bad. I am at 1200 miles and is shifting funny as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
V force John stated that this is an issue. He said the clutches are made from too soft of metal. Kawasaki needs to address this ASAP.

·
Registered
2020 teryx krx
17 Posts
Hello everyone. Just an FYI to check your primary clutch for deep groves. Just got done with the first ride on the KRX and at 351 miles the primary has deep grooves. I felt a very little slip at the 45-47 mph range so I figured I should take a look. It is currently at the dealer and they ordered a new primary. Fortunately the primary clutch part # supersedes to a new number so hopefully it is updated. View attachment 662
mine also did the same thing, it not cosmetic. it's pitted into the both sides of the clutch, it had under 500 miles on it. i talked to the dealer and they told me it would be a while before they could get to it, so i put another 1000 mile on it. it gets worse the more mile you go and you loose your top speed. its at the dealer now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update from the dealer is the new clutch is backordered for 4 weeks. So I’m picking it up and running it until then

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is also at the dealer for shifting problems, it started shifting like an automatic trans in a car/truck. and new knuckles/lower a arms n ball joints. I hope when they replace them I hope the right side negative camber matches the left side. my right side is way too much negative camber that the outside of my tire doesn't even touch the ground. and the Krx is sitting level. so the front suspension should be the same for both sides. Dealer had it now for a little over a week now.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
231 Posts
I don't think it's awful. There are tons of related issues due to C19. You receive the same type of service from Polaris and CanAm.
There’s a point where it is very valid. (Backordered parts, shipping issues etc.) but great customer service there’s no excuse for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts