Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could go back in time and do one performance/preventive maintenance mod to your krx before it had 20 miles on it what would it be? Accessories not included.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Can't think of anything I would have done differently within the first 20 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
I’d say check my tire pressures and adjust accordingly depending on your style of riding. That made a huge difference for me

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
331 Posts
This isn’t something I’d do differently but you should read the owners manual cover to cover after you get a new machine. Lots of good info in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This isn’t something I’d do differently but you should read the owners manual cover to cover after you get a new machine. Lots of good info in there.
I have read it and I have read most of the service manual. Was just too lazy to walk to the garage and lookup the beadlock torque spec.
The facebook KRX groups seem to be more up on the mods.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
I have read it and I have read most of the service manual. Was just too lazy to walk to the garage and lookup the beadlock torque spec.
The facebook KRX groups seem to be more up on the mods.
It's available right here on this forum. No need to go to the garage.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Here's another.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
227 Posts
Remove your spark arrester and reinstall with anti seize. This is true for every machine.

The bead locks need to be torqued three times, 50 miles or so in between.

Reactions: Atcdan13

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
Remove your spark arrester and reinstall with anti seize. This is true for every machine.

The bead locks need to be torqued three times, 50 miles or so in between.
Sorry, quick question, why would you remove the spark arrestee to begin with? I agree on the beadlock torque specs.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
227 Posts
I wish I’d pulled and applied anti seize to my X2’s muffler end cap when the machine was new. At 2800 miles I broke a bolt off but got lucky on the other five. This after applying PB Blaster to them every few days for over a month!

Reactions: BobX2

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you could go back in time and do one performance/preventive maintenance mod to your krx before it had 20 miles on it what would it be? Accessories not included.
Not really maintenance but of everything I’ve added or modified the one I wished I’d have done sooner is the spacers under my seat. That 1-1/2” lift make it so much more comfortable to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts