Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've been shopping hard to find the right one. But, I guess I'm just too slow on pulling the trigger as 3 have sold under me. I'm really kicking myself on missing a great deal on nice used patriot edition with all the acc. I'm looking to find a nice low mileage one with some accessories, but after losing the sale on the KRX patriot I'm really bummed.
I've test drove a brand new KRX and Talon 1000r with the live suspension both were at the same dealer so I could do a good side by side comparison. I must say the talon screams with power, and being able to switch between auto and manual paddle shifting is nice too. but the cab is just to small. And, the talon cost a lot more new, but i found a few used for a lot less.
The KRX has enough power for now, and If I get bored will add more. the KRX rides better and with the extra cab room was way more comfortable. I just need to stop stalling and pull the trigger.
Thanks adding me, and if anyone has any suggestions to help me on my journey of finding a KRX please let me know. so far, the only place I've been looking is FB market place.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check out atv trader as well. Where are you located? I drove to Jonesboro Arkansas to get mine. They were $2500 below msrp and no tax for an out of state buyer.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum. Check out atv trader as well. Where are you located? I drove to Jonesboro Arkansas to get mine. They were $2500 below msrp and no tax for an out of state buyer.
very good info. thanks. but now i've ran into another snag. I'm not sure if i want to deal with Wisconsin's stupid width rule of 65" . for crying out loud is a couple inches going to make a difference in these machines. I guess the further north you go you can't get through the gates if your too wide.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
That stinks. A KRX definitely will not work because they are closer to 70 inches than the advertised 68, with the saggy tender springs. As many people that have moved to sxs from atv’s these places with width limits are going to have to widen those limits a bit

Reactions: myrz

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
There's been a handful of good used machines listed here, however, they might require a road trip and tend to sell quickly. +1 for ATV Trader and perhaps start looking regionally if you're not doing that already. Because of the nature of this market, be aware that some sellers may be able to ship to you. Plus it doesn't hurt to let your nearby dealers know what your are looking for.
A reputable dealer and manufacturer support are important considerations. Most everyone here agrees that Kawasaki's reputation for customer service and backing their products rates very high in a competitive industry.
Probably the best thing you can do is commit to the purchase. You've done your research and you know what you want. Stop watching your machine go to someone else and pull that trigger. The few machines I waffled on before I got serious were gone in a heartbeat. You'll find your machine or it will find you. However that happens, you will not regret it.
Regarding additional power, there are a few aftermarket options starting to appear. Width restrictions are slowly evolving as trail systems and the communities that benefit from them are realizing the wider riders are going elsewhere. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's been a handful of good used machines listed here, however, they might require a road trip and tend to sell quickly. +1 for ATV Trader and perhaps start looking regionally if you're not doing that already. Because of the nature of this market, be aware that some sellers may be able to ship to you. Plus it doesn't hurt to let your nearby dealers know what your are looking for.
A reputable dealer and manufacturer support are important considerations. Most everyone here agrees that Kawasaki's reputation for customer service and backing their products rates very high in a competitive industry.
Probably the best thing you can do is commit to the purchase. You've done your research and you know what you want. Stop watching your machine go to someone else and pull that trigger. The few machines I waffled on before I got serious were gone in a heartbeat. You'll find your machine or it will find you. However that happens, you will not regret it.
Regarding additional power, there are a few aftermarket options starting to appear. Width restrictions are slowly evolving as trail systems and the communities that benefit from them are realizing the wider riders are going elsewhere. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I'm taking a 5 hour drive (10 total) to look at one tomorrow . I'll let you know how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Just buy the damn thing and if you don't like it moved it and sell it.

zero regrets in 2000 miles of krx ownership.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
I drove over 14 hours for mine and slept in the back seat of my truck in a Cracker Barrel parking lot 😂

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
Just buy the damn thing and if you don't like it moved it and sell it.
I gotta agree with Rocky. Take your checkbook.

I drove over 14 hours for mine and slept in the back seat of my truck in a Cracker Barrel parking lot
Now that's a testimonial! A guy ain't gonna do that for something that's not worth it. Can I get an Amen!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was getting sick of the run around at the dealers, seemed like you had to be in the right place at the right time just to even have a shot at overpaying. I watched marketplace and found one that a gentleman had won in a raffle, 50 miles in grass on his farm. Paid well below retail, easily saved $4500 over dealers. I enjoy it, at 6’1” I have all the room in the world and like others have said, the ride is phenomenal.

I too was worried about the width but hasn’t been an issue yet and my riding buddy is in a brand new talon.
His is quicker in the tight stuff, but following him you can see how much he gets bounced around. Continual drainage ditch trails don’t even phase the kawi. I’ll probably add a supercharger or a turbo in the spring but I think you’ll be happy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I was getting sick of the run around at the dealers, seemed like you had to be in the right place at the right time just to even have a shot at overpaying. I watched marketplace and found one that a gentleman had won in a raffle, 50 miles in grass on his farm. Paid well below retail, easily saved $4500 over dealers. I enjoy it, at 6’1” I have all the room in the world and like others have said, the ride is phenomenal.

I too was worried about the width but hasn’t been an issue yet and my riding buddy is in a brand new talon.
His is quicker in the tight stuff, but following him you can see how much he gets bounced around. Continual drainage ditch trails don’t even phase the kawi. I’ll probably add a supercharger or a turbo in the spring but I think you’ll be happy!
thanks for all the info. where did you ride where you were worried about the width?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m in PA, our state trails suck, and mostly limited to 65” so we either ride private land or off road parks. It seems the parks have taken notice and are accommodating the wider vehicles. Once you’re actually in it, it doesn’t feel nearly as big as it appears.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck in your search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts